Level D clearance?

Looking at TRG logistics for c+e but they stipulate must have Level D clearance.

What clearance does that mean exactly?

Something to do with airport security I guess.

wheelyb:
Looking at TRG logistics for c+e but they stipulate must have Level D clearance.

What clearance does that mean exactly?

Aviation Security (Avsec)

Level D is quite high, we used to require Level 4 clearance to deliver to airports but Level D replaced it, but it also allows you to pick pack and despatch goods for airfreight.

AVSEC — Level A
General awareness, office / warehouse people who do not handle SPX/SCO cargo or have a specific security duty.

AVSEC — Level B (Formerly Level 4)
This course is aimed at Drivers who transport secure SPX/SCO cargo, however if handling duties are involved a driver will almost certainly have to be trained to level D

AVSEC — Level D
This Level is for those who handle and prepare secure cargo, Drivers, Warehouse Operatives, as well as those who sign the CSCs.

AVSEC — Level E
For staff involved in the application of security measures as part of their job — i.e. physical examination (hand search) or use x-ray machines.

AVSEC — Level F
For those who supervise staff and determine the status of cargo.

AVSEC — Level G
This course is for Security Managers, you will be either the security manager or a nominated person at a regulated site.

This has been useful for me, even though my job involves going into Gatwick airport, I don’t have this type of clearance yet as I can bypass the cargo area and drive straight in, providing the seals are intact. Will be getting level D or F (cant remember which one) to allow me to use the toilet, canteen and load the lorry myself at the bonded warehouse. Although the blue ID pass I do have allows me to go anywhere in and on the airport, as its got zones 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and B (baggage halls) on it - http://www.gatwickairport.com/idcentre/pass-regulation/colour-codes/. Took 12 weeks to get it, then 2 weeks to get booked in for the driving “test” :laughing: .

Level D is only required for anyone handling or having access to ‘Known’ airfreight.

‘Known’ airfreight is freight that is security screened ready to go onto a flight.
There are various rules regarding the transport, storage and handling of this type of freight, which is what the Level D course aims to teach you about, as well as recognising and dealing with security threats.

Generally from a drivers point of view, it’s about keeping the freight secure from tampering while it’s in your care.

The course itself is fairly straightforward, usually around 5 hours, and finishes with a multiple choice test of about 20 questions that isn’t particularly taxing (assuming you haven’t slept through the previous few hours :grimacing: ).

AJF3011:
The course itself is fairly straightforward, usually around 5 hours, and finishes with a multiple choice test of about 20 questions that isn’t particularly taxing

(assuming you haven’t slept through the previous few hours

I just took a Level D course yesterday.

The course was around 7 hours

67 Questions. Was NOT multiple choice. 70% required to pass.

Time allowed for test : 50 minutes.

You can use, and to refer to, the course notes that they have provided !!!

So it is a case of listening, to the instructor.
Then being able to read the question correctly, as some are carefully worded.
Then being able to find-read the relevant part in the printed notes! Simple !!

The test only took most of us around 20 minutes,

it did appear that people not born in the UK were struggling with the reading, and writing. (In my book that’s fine as you need to be able to read road signs, instructions etc.) as they were still there when locally born people had left.

Semi Cdn:

AJF3011:
The course itself is fairly straightforward, usually around 5 hours, and finishes with a multiple choice test of about 20 questions that isn’t particularly taxing

(assuming you haven’t slept through the previous few hours

I just took a Level D course yesterday.

The course was around 7 hours

67 Questions. Was NOT multiple choice. 70% required to pass.

Time allowed for test : 50 minutes.

You can use, and to refer to, the course notes that they have provided !!!

So it is a case of listening, to the instructor.
Then being able to read the question correctly, as some are carefully worded.
Then being able to find-read the relevant part in the printed notes! Simple !!

The test only took most of us around 20 minutes,

it did appear that people not born in the UK were struggling with the reading, and writing. (In my book that’s fine as you need to be able to read road signs, instructions etc.) as they were still there when locally born people had left.

They’ve obviously changed the test part in the few years since I first did it, just done my 2 yearly refresher a couple of weeks ago but wasn’t required to re-do the test for that.
Did your course count towards CPC? If so that may be the reason it’s been stretched out to 7 hours now.

No alas the course did not count for CPC.

Apparently it ‘could have counted’…

but the training company, had not registered the course for it to count for CPC.

I am not sure if each training company sets it’s own test, or if it is the same test nationwide.

I suspect, each training company set their own test, (within guidleines) as it was marked there for one candidate, on the spot, as he needed his Level D certificate for a job the next day. However I really do not know if it is the same standard test uk wide.

The rest of us, will have certificates sent out in the next few days.