Lemme See....

Currently at a place.

£11.30 an hour. 10 miles round trip home > work. Class 1

Agy phone me up. £10 an hour, Class 2 work hand balling gas cylinders. 66 mile round trip.

They asked me to think about it.

WTF? You know the money I am getting now for a cushdy job so why frikking ask!

Morons.

Sockpuppet:
Currently at a place.

£11.30 an hour. 10 miles round trip home > work. Class 1

Nice work when you can get it. Nice one and well done, it looks like you’ve landed on your feet there, especially with £11.30ph.

Sockpuppet:
Agy phone me up. £10 an hour, Class 2 work hand balling gas cylinders. 66 mile round trip.

Apart from that, you’d very probably need ADR (Class 2 is gases :wink: ) for gas cylinders carried on a Cat “C” vehicle. That would be due to the weight that the vehicle can carry, unless the cylinders are “empties.”

Sockpuppet:
They asked me to think about it.

Did you consider that the “cushdy” job might not be lasting for much longer?? Now the agency would know that, whereas you might not :wink:

Sockpuppet:
WTF? You know the money I am getting now for a cushdy job so why frikking ask!

Morons.

See above.

Points taken but in that case I’ll go down the NFT crick on £11.20 :slight_smile: Still I’d do Class 1 regardless. Dont want to do class 2 work as I am still trailing that illusive 2 years experiance.

I believe they are compressed gas (Co2) thinking drinks trade. Definatly not ADR.

I think they were reaching. A job in Corby being advertised by a Cov agency? I just happen to live “sort of that way”.

Sockpuppet:
Dont want to do class 2 work as I am still trailing that illusive 2 years experiance.

I wouldnt worry about that side of it, the companies that ask for two years are usually just interested in two years from your pass date, odd i know but its usually just to placate the insurance companies. Im sure they wont hang draw and quarter you because you done 1 year 7 months 2 weeks and 3 days on cat C+E and the rest of the 2 year period on cat C :wink:

Reef:
Im sure they wont hang draw and quarter you because you done 1 year 7 months 2 weeks and 3 days on cat C+E and the rest of the 2 year period on cat C :wink:

Never heard of Tesco have you :smiley:

Sockpuppet:
Points taken but in that case I’ll go down the NFT crick on £11.20 :slight_smile: Still I’d do Class 1 regardless. Dont want to do class 2 work as I am still trailing that illusive 2 years experiance.

Fair point Sockpuppet. I admire your determination. **Reef’**s got a great point about the 2 years, because you will find that it becomes less important.

Sockpuppet:
I believe they are compressed gas (Co2) thinking drinks trade. Definatly not ADR.

Sorry Sockpuppet, but you’re probably wrong there.

According to ADR 2007 3.2.1, CO2 is: UN 1013 CARBON DIOXIDE, 2.2 (So it’s a regulated substance, but it escapes ADR if it’s carried as “dry-ice.”)
The “2.2” means that it’s a non-flammable and non-toxic gas, which puts it into ADR transport category (TC) 3.

The sender/carrier adds up the stated (water) capacity of the cylinders to be carried, then remembers that TC3 has a limit of 1,000 litres, so they’d then know whether you’d need an ADR licence to do the job. CO2 can be tricky, because ADR has some exemptions for it, provided it’s packaged/carried in a certain way. Just to put your mind at ease, the calculation of loads is ALWAYS the sender’s/carrier’s responsibility, NEVER the driver. (Unless the driver also owns the truck.)

As a piece of general advice, I’d say that most agencies are not too well up on ADR, and that you should be very wary regarding their “opinions” as to whether something is or isn’t an ADR job. The above seems to illustrate that quite well. :wink: In my experience, agencies don’t ask the right questions when a company is looking for a driver. BTW, I did agency work for approx 9 years before moving on to other things. I have nothing against agencies in general, only the bad ones :smiling_imp:

Reef:
I wouldnt worry about that side of it, the companies that ask for two years are usually just interested in two years from your pass date, odd i know but its usually just to placate the insurance companies.:

Strange but true. Two years after you have passed your test, even if you have not spent one day in a truck, anybody will employ you and they just don’t care what you have spent the last two years doing.

I wouldn’t go to Tesco at Crick they will be Closing as Middleton is soon.
Same As Morrisons at Swan Valley, most of that operation is moving to Swindon.
Funny they keep talking about ‘The Green miles’ but things travel futher and further!
Oh and Barcadi in Southampton will be gone too after Christmas, putting containers on the site.

Sockpuppet:

Reef:
Im sure they wont hang draw and quarter you because you done 1 year 7 months 2 weeks and 3 days on cat C+E and the rest of the 2 year period on cat C :wink:

Never heard of Tesco have you :smiley:

Never heard of AGENCIES have you :unamused:

Agencies are just pimps with an office and a fax machine.

that makes me a very cheap ■■■■■ then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
if you think about about it being an agency driver aint that far off
hanging around in wierd clothes , waiting for for some wierdo to ask you to get in a lorry cab and then getting shafted doing what there own wont or cant do and getting paid for it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: