Lea Green

Hi folks, well after a year of tiresome looking for work through agencies Lea Green has at last kicked of… Crikey its really busy at the minute, all the work i want… Loads of new faces in there too… Jobs def not as good as it was when it was somefrields… 160 more stores i believe on Sun, so will be manic… Wincanton still doing the logistics, Lots of problems i believe… I dont know what there gonna do on sun when they gat all these stores… Is there anyone else on here works there agency or not that can add to what ive said…

Cheers…

Enjoy the chaos while it lasts!

I work there and can honestly say its ■■■■, Co-op stores are situated in the most awkward places, being greeted by a grunt when you get to a shop by wrinkly fat old birds or spotty little geeks, expected to tip in bus lanes, double yellow lines, drag cages ACROSS main roads. Got to one shop in bolton and the manager kindly told me it was a handball shop, when i informed him i would not handball his stock into his shop he blew his top and said somerfield drivers are crap (bit more foul mouthed than that). Think the Co-op are onto a loser if they think lea green depot are going to do 750+ stores from this depot as they cannot cope now. On the plus side for drivers out of work is that they are looking for 50 drivers on a six month temp contract but this will include saturday and sunday working and two other days in the week.

Apart from a dozen or so drivers in that place id happily knock the building down with the people in it. :grimacing:

I did a stint for a couple of agencies years ago, when it was somerfields, there was allot of the old kwik save store’s that they took over that where also a night mare to deliver to,oh and not to mention those old Renault premiums that used to be kwik save’s they where pieces of (zb) they got busier when they shut their RDC at sherburn,

lol … you soon master the art of reversing driving for the co-op

codge123:
I work there and can honestly say its [zb], Co-op stores are situated in the most awkward places, being greeted by a grunt when you get to a shop by wrinkly fat old birds or spotty little geeks, expected to tip in bus lanes, double yellow lines, drag cages ACROSS main roads. Got to one shop in bolton and the manager kindly told me it was a handball shop, when i informed him i would not handball his stock into his shop he blew his top and said somerfield drivers are crap (bit more foul mouthed than that). Think the Co-op are onto a loser if they think lea green depot are going to do 750+ stores from this depot as they cannot cope now. On the plus side for drivers out of work is that they are looking for 50 drivers on a six month temp contract but this will include saturday and sunday working and two other days in the week.

Anyone done that ■■■■’er in Burford,half way up the hill…learnt my lesson after the 1st time i did it :laughing: Think all the ■■■■ ones were mainly in Gloucestershire…or did i just have the ■■■■ run made up off ■■■■ drops all the time??

Grahamy09:
lol … you soon master the art of reversing driving for the co-op

I can imagine as you did back when it was somerfields,lol that’s when you actually got out in a truck, as sometimes they would hire more drivers than trucks,lol so you would sometimes spend most of the day in the canteen using the computers looking on here and the companies page,ringing some of them to see if any jobs going