LCD Televisions in truck

Hey folks.

Fed up of using the laptop for tv and dvd’s all the time. I seen a no bad 17" lcd tv in tesco for £145. It’s not HD ready but it does seem pretty decent as it also has a built in dvd player.

My quiestion is;

Are these LCD Tv’s ok with a modified (square) sine wave inverter (350w)? Ideally I wanted one that had the power transformer in the plug so I could get a ■■■ socket and plug it into that as they seem to all be 12v intake from the transformer. Like get a wire made up at the fleece or somewhere like that so I didn’t need to bother with the inverter. No RF interference from the modified sine wave inverter that way meaning a better reception for tv. HOWEVER, the ones in tesco all have the cable from the plug running all the way into the tv therefor the intake power is 230v. the transformer must be built into the tv rather than a brick inline with the power cable like with laptops.

Anyone fiddled with these tv’s to get them to run from the ■■■ socket? My mate done it with a tv from comet and it’s fine but that had the socket at the back that took 12v from the transformer in the plug rather than built in :frowning:

ive done that with mine,just made a lead and pluged it into the 12v socket,job done :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what was your tv like? did it have the wee 12v plug thing on the back of it? Cheers :grimacing:

yeh, what i did, is cut the lead off the transformer, and put a socket on the end,or the make of mine is,onn , with dvd,and i got a cheap free view box from asda,that also takes 12v sorted, :laughing: :laughing:

Mine was from Comet and came with the 12v lead in the box

Ive got a 19’’ telly/dvd in my truck, bolted to the side wall above the passenger seat, £199 from Currys, (think its called UMC? they are selling them cheaper now thou) it plugs into a 300 watt inverter, and the picture is spot on, havent had any trouble at all with it.

Got mine from Comet, just asked the salesman if he had any returns he wanted shot of and got a 17im freeview and dvd for £111. Still got 12 months warranty so made a wire up myself so the original to the transformer can go back if it breaks down. Have it bolted to the sidewall with a bracket from IKEA, £7.99 I think and a Maxview 12v signal booster. I use an old cb aerial on a magmount and can get freeview most places, and where I cant, can usually get an analogue picture.

Morrisons are doing a lcd Dvd i think 19 " £149 :open_mouth:

bowserman:
Got mine from Comet, just asked the salesman if he had any returns he wanted shot of and got a 17im freeview and dvd for £111. Still got 12 months warranty so made a wire up myself so the original to the transformer can go back if it breaks down. Have it bolted to the sidewall with a bracket from IKEA, £7.99 I think and a Maxview 12v signal booster. I use an old cb aerial on a magmount and can get freeview most places, and where I cant, can usually get an analogue picture.

A CB aerial for digi? does that work well?

Works better than the magic circle aerial I had. Picks up analogue too.

What do you need to watch TV on a laptop, just a digibox or what?

just a wee usb stick, harry