Laptop

Can anyone tell me how to connect my laptop when on the road, via my mobile phone and bluetooth?

scanialady142:
Can anyone tell me how to connect my laptop when on the road, via my phone and bluetooth?

BLAST :open_mouth: I thought this was a post about laptop dancers :cry: :wink:

ROG:
BLAST :open_mouth: I thought this was a post about laptop dancers :cry: :wink:

you`d never get a laptop dancer in the cab, not with a 2 -1 ratio, it bloody cramped with 3 in a cab LOL

think a new wireless computer is what you need who im i to give advice ive been trying to load a game to my puter for 5 days :laughing:

scania245:
think a new wireless computer is what you need who im i to give advice ive been trying to load a game to my puter for 5 days :laughing:

same problem as me? games on 3.5 inch disks but no 3.5 inch drive :laughing:
im having a laptop built to spec. it will basically be a windows 98 games console for my oldies (when they arrive)

scanialady142:
Can anyone tell me how to connect my laptop when on the road, via my mobile phone and bluetooth?

I plug a bluetooth “dongle” (honest thats what there called!) into my usb port on the laptop. Set your mobile to “discover devices” or something worded similar and it should find your laptop. Then click “start” and find “connect to” or similar. Mine asks for a dial up number which i had to ring t-mobile for (its *99#) on mine. What network are you on? I found the staff in my local t-mobile shop very helpful.
Good luck

Just bought a 3 mobile modem. Needs usb2 connection though you do get a lead which plugs into 2 usb 1 ports (strange but it works).

Anyway the modem costs £79 on a one year contract, £49 on an 18 month one and free on a 24 month contract.

The monthly cost is £15 for 3gb of data.

Only had the chance to use it once this week in Birmingham and was getting decent speeds with it.

Chris

bowserman:
Just bought a 3 mobile modem. Needs usb2 connection though you do get a lead which plugs into 2 usb 1 ports (strange but it works).

Anyway the modem costs £79 on a one year contract, £49 on an 18 month one and free on a 24 month contract.

The monthly cost is £15 for 3gb of data.

Only had the chance to use it once this week in Birmingham and was getting decent speeds with it.

Chris

Let me know how the coverage is with that please chris. I`m thinking seriously about getting one and compared to the other networks thats dirt cheap.
Cheers. jon

I have just bought a T Mobile Web n Walk modem, its still in the box though so I will post how successful it is next week.

I tried to use my bluetongue mobile but although I got connected it was sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I have just bought a T Mobile Web n Walk modem, its still in the box though so I will post how successful it is next week.

I tried to use my bluetongue mobile but although I got connected it was sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow :stuck_out_tongue:[/quot Is that the £30 a month contract ? Im due an upgrade with T Mobile now but im considering going on 3 - only thing is i dont know anyone else on 3 network lol…are they any good ?

Hi Jon,

Using it now parked in Castleford. High speed connection here, best I have had showing 3.5mb/s, better than my wired home setup!!

Used it outside BCA in Birmingham last week and it was showing 3mb/s although it did not seem that fast. I think a laptop with usb2 would show the greatest speeds although it is fine here beside xscape.

If you are outside a 3g area it is really slow but it is HSDPA (the fastest here).

Chris

Just a quick update.

Sitting here in Berwick upon Tweed and getting 3.6mb/ps which is spot on, no complaints yet.

Only small problem is when you plug the modem in it reinstalls itself each time ans takes about a minute before you can use it, but I can live with that.

Chris

Thanks chris. Those speeds seem really good and thats a good varied area of the country. I`ll see how things go

Wheel Nut:
I tried to use my bluetongue mobile but although I got connected it was sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow :stuck_out_tongue:

Bluetongue :open_mouth: :confused:
Have you told DEFRA? :laughing:

Spardo:

Wheel Nut:

Bluetongue :open_mouth: :confused:
Have you told DEFRA? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will update as I try it at various locations. (unless there is a pub nearby)!! :smiley:

hi all
hoping to go into a 3 shop for 2 mobiles on contract (1 for me 1 for missus) hope to do a deal on a dongle as they seem to be almost as fast as my broadband at home might even cancel home as they seem so good. Will post how good deal I get.

no joy
they are not allowed to do any deals on anything so just got the phones

Three are doing these dongles at 20 quid, just dont use them abroad :blush: