Kwik Save gone

Hope it goes OK for you Bones.

Best of luck Bones. :wink:

Well thats that… :cry: :cry:

got in this afternoon and told there was a briefing at 13.00

Basically they have lost the contract totally now so the place will close down on the 27th may and we are all getting laid off.

Not sure if they will keep us upto that date as we havent exactly done alot in last few weeks!!!

the new bttf (kwiksave) contract will be serviced from a warehouse in the northwest??

So if anyone knows of any jobs going in west yorkshire at the moment let me know… its great timing with our lass due to start maternity leave in about 5 weeks and thats unpaid since she self employed

Sorry to hear that Bones :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: all the best for the future lets hope things start looking up for you.

Don’t Know much about this subject : But passed the Kwiksave in Pontefract and it is being rebranded with all the ASDA logos.

Good luck to the Sherburn Drivers been there done that and now working for AGY you better off where you are guys and Gals :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The shop at pontefract is going to be only the second “asda express” so farin the country so i hear. It was in the local rag too last week might be going there for a job stacking shelves :wink: :wink:

Bones sorry to hear about it but one door closes another one will surely open mate if your thinking of doing the agy rounds in our Area drop me a line might be able to save you some grief. :wink:

Bones,I think an old mate of mine worked there Steve Batty do you know him?

Hope things sort themselves out Bones, best of luck.

You have a PM

aint they finished that new stobart warehouse over the back there yet bones?

how far you willing to travel?

jon

there is a place direct behind our place with all sorts of rumours of whos going in to it. But in reality work as more or less stopped on it since christmas so i guess its not been let/sold yet and they wont finish it till they get the “spec” for it??

Re travel it would depend on the job but i want something perm (well as perm as they come nowadays!!)

Maybe a 7hour tip could have something to do with why KS are doing what they are doing.

froggy:
Maybe a 7hour tip could have something to do with why KS are doing what they are doing.

Dont follow that one? :confused:

Going back a bit when I got KS at south lancs ind est my heart sunk(7hours a tip was an average)

Sorry to hear that Bones. :frowning:

It has been a bit of a mess lately from what we could gather. Your lads have been trunking loads for Gravesend down to our place using ex-Tesco trailers, and one of them was telling me that immediately after SF sold KS, they came in and took all the computers! So nobody knew how much stock they had, or where it was.

I really find it hard to believe that DHL Exel cannot find more of you lads other work. They are always banging on about how big and dominant they are in the industry - not when it counts it seems. :confused:

All the best fella. :wink:

Well today was the last shift for most of the site with a few of us having to do tomorrow since we couldnt work monday.

Most of the drivers are either waiting on getting a job till after world cup and living off the payoff or going onto agencies. Theres also a fair few that are giving up on driving after been made redundant one to many times…

The original plan was that there would be a “close down Team” on site for another 6 weeks but The new owners of kwiksave have decided Exel/Dhl are too expensive even for this and will be using a “third party” to clear the site…

additional gates have been installed on both the staff carpark and goods entrance to prevent our freindly “camping” friends from taking over the site. :confused:

The site at the moment is due to remain empty once all stock as gone as no one as shown any interest in it…

The Kwiksave contract was apparently won by TDG operating out of warrington somewhere…

Ah well when one door closes and all that…

So last day and guess what…its a Balls up!!

Goes in at 08.00 and theres only about 9 of us due in today with some starting at 05.00 . Gets booked on and sat down and they shout me and an agency guy (theres a few in to cover any that dont turn up for last shift!)up to the desk…

“right both of you double manned down to AVONMOUTH” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

so after lots of umm and arring of we go to get trailer etc Mr agency happy me not so :imp:

Gets hooked up and stuff and start heading to the gate when suddenly i see the light!! and think {ZB] this theres no way im off down to avonmouth on my LAST shift when everyone else is by now milling around the yard since theres nothing to do…

Got the agency guy to turn round and take me back to the drivers room were i told them i wouldnt be going on that run and if they wanted they could dock my pay and send me home or whatever but it was bang out of order…

Anyway to cut along story short… i didnt go and i ended up back home at 12.30 and they “fullly understand” why i refused think they were chancing there arm as i never normally complain and just get on with it.

Turns out it should have gone last night but due to some “fiddling” with the run sheets it was left till today.

So mr agency driver got himself a nice big saturday run on his own :laughing: :laughing:

bones: so, you lot are the reason it took me five and a half hours to get out of Avonmouth on the FA cup weekend…?

(we were sat waiting for the Kwik Save trunk to arrive)

us,never hold the job up :unamused: