Kwik Save gone

It would not surprise me if somewhere along the line that wonderful store we all love to hate is involved ( TESCO ) :imp: :imp:

kwik save burton is to close in 4 weeks. there isnt a somerfield in burton.

kwik save swadlincote is to remain open but swad has a somerfiled 1/2 a mile away. cant understand it.

i was at sherburn this morning and i was in and out within 15 minutes. is it always like that or are they slowing down.

jon

jonboy:
kwik save burton is to close in 4 weeks. there isnt a somerfield in burton.

kwik save swadlincote is to remain open but swad has a somerfiled 1/2 a mile away. cant understand it.

i was at sherburn this morning and i was in and out within 15 minutes. is it always like that or are they slowing down.

jon

Its becasue Bttf Have bought kwiksaves brand so Bttf will now own the shop in swadlincote. they must have decided they didnt want the burton shop or netto/aldi have offered more or the land was a prime site for development so been sold on

And Sherburn at the moment is a very strange place… we are basically trunking OUR WORK out to lea green and bringing in Bttfs stock… But we still dont know if we have got the contract for bttf yet!! :unamused: :unamused:

A horrible situation Bones - I’ve been in it myself.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

jonboy:

So you were less than 100 yards from our house and you didn’t stop by for a coffee. Tut tut.

Paul

looks like wellingboro is for the axe

http://insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1919#1919

jon

Flicking from page to page looking for any info on the whole Somerfield foul up.

As you can see from my user name I am involved on the Union side of things with this situation affecting thousands of jobs across the country. The third party contactors, Exel and Wincanton are being given nothing from Somerfield. The Union is getting nothing from them. The whole situation is reaching breaking point as people cannot just hang on waiting to see what’s going to happen.

If anyone picks up info that may be useful, please let us know. I will try to post when and if I hear anything new… :unamused:

From a source of mine that I know at Sherburn,they were/are having an important meeting either today or tomorrow,and the information I have received,is that it looks like Sherburn has lost out to Lea Green at St.Helens,for the Kwik Save work.

So it looks like curtains for Sherburn.

I’m sure Bones,who works there,will post if this is true.

Ken.

teddy_0781:
who cares you will still get a weekly shop :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah you probably will.

Just tell that to somebody who is about to lose their job…

There are a few stores closing, so much for the “No jobs will be lost” statement issued when the takeover was announced.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just tell that to somebody who is about to lose their job

yes like most of birmingham city football club :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not got anything back from the meeting yesterday yet… Well thats a suprise.

What i do know is that Nisa/today’s Are doing the chill/frozen for the Kwiksaves that have gone over to bttf… And how did we find out about that… by the stores showing us leaflets they had from them!!! communication is a wonderfull thing!!!

I think sherburn will cease all deliveries this weekend or next at the latest!

Nice

teddy_0781:

It’s unbelievable how heartless some people are in this day and age.

I was talking to the manager at Leigh KS,he was given 3 weeks redundancy notice after 25 years service,I would guess that he cares.What about all the other staff ,all the other shops,the other depots,their families,don’t you think they care.

I’m fortunate that i work at Lea Green but i certainly do care that so many people have had their lives turned upside down by this situation.

This one comment has annoyed me more than anything i have read in a long time.You even have the nerve to put 3 ’ :laughing: ’ on the end.‘Laugh out loud’ ,yes “hilarious”
John. :imp:

Spoke to my mate from Sherburn today,and he reckons there is to be an announcement within a couple of days,but it’s not looking good.

There will be redundancies,but as to how many,well no-one knows.

He says that everything is still up in the air,but it will be common knowledge soon.

But as for the runs they’re doing at the moment,some of them come straight out of the comic book.

Example:Egremont and 2 in Blackpool.
3 in North Wales.(Holyhead area.)

And they’re expecting these to be done in a day? From Sherburn? But I do believe there is a lot of double manning going on,due to the number of employess they have,and the lack of work and the distance involved.

Ken.

i’m tired:

teddy_0781:

It’s unbelievable how heartless some people are in this day and age.

i’m tired:
This one comment has annoyed me more than anything i have read in a long time.You even have the nerve to put 3 ’ :laughing: ’ on the end.‘Laugh out loud’ ,yes “hilarious”
John. :imp:

John,

I am in total agreement with your post.

Bones and anyone else who is or might be affected by this, I wish you the best, whatever happens.

For any outsiders looking in, please understand that the prats are in a minority on this site. :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :imp:

well theres a notice up saying that the total workforce required to run the bttf (kwiksave contract ) is 355

This as not been split into departments yet but from that i reckon about 50 drivers max out of about 180 ish

One to one meetings start on monday and should last two weeks.

Bones:
One to one meetings start on monday and should last two weeks.

Good Luck

flying_fenman:

teddy_0781:

Yeah you probably will.

Just tell that to somebody who is about to lose their job…

plenty of jobs out there for people that want one need i say more

I have removed all the post’s where people are making personal attacks against each other
please discuss the topic and do not decend into personal attacks or I will have no choice but to lock the thread
thankyou

pam
Site Admin

best of luck bones :smiley:

jon