KW/Leyland ?

Last week as I crossed the GWB I passed a rigid or straight truck as the locals call them, it had a Leyland Roadtrain cab which was easily recognised so I obviously took a good look as it’s been a few years since seeing one, but … it was a Kenworth although the only KW bit I saw was the front grille. Anybody else over here seen one ?

Like this one I spotted heading for the GW on the Cross Bronx Expressway :question:

Pat Hasler:
Last week as I crossed the GWB I passed a rigid or straight truck as the locals call them, it had a Leyland Roadtrain cab which was easily recognised so I obviously took a good look as it’s been a few years since seeing one, but … it was a Kenworth although the only KW bit I saw was the front grille. Anybody else over here seen one ?

Kenworth k270 and k370 class 6 and 7,hope this answers your question Pat.

newmercman:
Like this one I spotted heading for the GW on the Cross Bronx Expressway :question:

Not like that, it was an actual roadtrain cab and a small split grille just like a smaller version of a T2000 one.

I have done searches and can’t find any images anywhere … I knew I should have taken a photo.

Mark, :slight_smile: the home furnishing store in winkler (behind the mall,round corner from can tyre ) has one badged as a peterbilt.

There’s one of the ones that Pat means that parks opposite the COOP in Regina, it’s a big 4 wheeler with the older Freighter/Cruiser cab, is that the one Pat? Or do you mean the full width cab?

The one I posted the picture of is actually a Renault cab, Daf put their dash in and a new front on it to make it into the LF, reason I posted it is because I was just North of the GWB when I took the picture, so even though it’s wrong, it’s relevant :laughing:

I remember seeing plenty of motors with the original type ford cargo cab and macks with the club of four cab when I was in florida a few years back.
When you think of it a peterblt is only a foden with a metal cab and some chrome.
:smiley:

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

Not like that, it was an actual roadtrain cab and a small split grille just like a smaller version of a T2000 one.

These are still used by, Mack ex Renault now(Volvo), Kenworth and Peterbilt (Daf). I dont think Volvo produce Ridgids anymore.
As it happens the only cab over I have driven over here was a Mack ridgid with the old cab. I ran it on a local Postal contract, it went well and was fun to drive.

Mark, you hit it on the head, I couldn’t remember the name for the smaller Leyland, anyway it was one of those :slight_smile: