Kettles

Just wondering what you guys are doing for kettles in the cab ?

I bought a 24v job from south mimms last week and although it’s working fine at the minute, I have noticed that the plug is getting really hot by the time it’s boiled.

It’s good enough for now but I know at some point it’s going to need replacing.

I don’t have a stove as haven’t needed one before.

So yeah, what are you guys using ?

Cheers

Gas stove and kettle, cheapest and best way imho.

Change the plug from a cigarette to Hella :smiley:

Got one of these -

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0030M … lander+gas

That hooks onto one of these-

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009D0 … lander+gas

That boils one of these-

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007V0 … ref=plSrch

Although my kettle is out of army stores so smaller & lighter so everything just packs away into my bag .

Hth :slight_smile:

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

youtu.be/jwwcanQzrkw
Try this bluey.

commonrail:
https://youtu.be/jwwcanQzrkw
Try this bluey.

:laughing: Thanks for that, on shopping list for the weekend. :wink:

This

campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Cam … 12371.aspx

& this

ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/pr … d=92112500

dri-diddly-iver:

commonrail:
https://youtu.be/jwwcanQzrkw
Try this bluey.

:laughing: Thanks for that, on shopping list for the weekend. :wink:

I don’t cook in the cab…but do a lot of fishing.
Best 15 quid I ever spent.
Spam and egg toasties for breakfast.
Oh yes.
Chicago town pizzas,fit a treat,as well.

If you’re allowed to carry a gas stove, then get one. So much quicker, and dare i say safer as long as you open a window briefly to make sure no gas has built up in the cab.

Hammy747:
If you’re allowed to carry a gas stove, then get one. So much quicker, and dare i say safer as long as you open a window briefly to make sure no gas has built up in the cab.

make sure you turn the stove off correctly & store it correctly

Gas stove and whistle kettle from local camping shop. Works for me.

animal:

Hammy747:

make sure you turn the stove off correctly & store it correctly

ALWAYS detach the gas bottle after use, as they sometimes have a tendency to leak too.

Gas stove and kettle, had a 24v one, took about 15 minutes to boil a cup, never got used again. Quicker to get the stove out and put away again!

A.

Not been tramping long but here is my experience

I was bought a kettle to plug into the truck I tried it. It was either broken on purchase or I was far to impatient waiting for it to boil either way it’s now in a lay-by bin

So I tried option 2 my gas stove plus pan of water I was shocked how quickly it boiled!!

Just need to up grade and buy a whistle kettle

I have a jetboil or if I’m cooking as well I just boil water on the camping stove.

If you have a good inverter in your motor, a 240v 1000w travel kettle boils a good cuppa just as quick as my old gas stove…and i dont have to pack everything away again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have got a 1000w invertor fitted but decided to go buy a stove and kettle at the weekend. Bought in a few pans too incase the microwave breaks.

Cheers people

Does for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk