kent metro ltd

Chewyboy:
done my hiab with them. they were ok. they are very expensive for hgv training though i done my class 2 with gordon springate’s at detling near maidstone and would recommend them to anyone im gonna do my class1 with them as they have good instructors and they are also cheap :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wouldn’t call £1300 cheap to do class C

They’ve put there prices up then

I did my class 2 training with kent metro and yeah was about 1300 quid. IMO you get your monies worth though, that was 3 and a bit days of 7-3pm training and then test. Good instructor, passed first time - happy days!

has any body done any training with them? im looking into doing my c+e maybe with them and wondered what your experiences of them are?

done my hiab with them. they were ok. they are very expensive for hgv training though i done my class 2 with gordon springate’s at detling near maidstone and would recommend them to anyone im gonna do my class1 with them as they have good instructors and they are also cheap :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yeah i suppose they are a bit dear it was 600 and something for 20 hours one to one. so it looks cheap on the face of it but they do a full 8 hour day so if you wanted to do mon to fri it would cost a bit. I think i would rather just do 4 hours mon to fri :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley:

i know that rog. where do you think i found the company from!! :smiley:

question is a tri axle trailer any more difficult to learn with than one with two axles?

joedwyer1:
question is a tri axle trailer any more difficult to learn with than one with two axles?

Nope.
Pivot point of the trailer -
3 axles = middle one
2 axles = front one

joedwyer1:
i know that rog. where do you think i found the company from!! :smiley:

Hi Joe, ROG sometimes forgets that he put that link in his signature, but then suddenly remembers it when he needs to inrcease his post-count. :wink: :grimacing:

joedwyer1:

That’s a great question Joe, I think I’d prefer a tri-axle for learning, cos there’s a bit more drag when taking corners and they tend not to cut in so quickly. IMHO, that also helps when doing the reversing exercise, because the drag effect from the extra axle means that you get a little bit more time to react to a mistake when reversing cos the trailer doesn’t disappear from your mirror quite as quickly.

What you really don’t want for learning C+E is a single axle trailer, for they are the work of the Devil. :wink: :grimacing:

thanks for the info diesel I hadn’t even thought about any of that. I was just looking it from a point of view that a shorter twin axle one might require you to take up less of the road in order to make a turn■■?

joedwyer1:
thanks for the info diesel I hadn’t even thought about any of that. I was just looking it from a point of view that a shorter twin axle one might require you to take up less of the road in order to make a turn■■?

Hi Joe,

A tandem (2-axle) trailer isn’t always shorter than a tri axle trailer. :wink:

Tandems do tend to cut quite sharply, leaving you needing to take more space when turning and on roundabouts, and they disappear from your mirrors quicker when doing the reversing exercise.

I’d go for a tri axle every time, but that isn’t to say that you wouldn’t pass your test with a tandem. IMHO a tandem requires more space and therefore a little more skill than a tri axle.

:bulb: Whatever you do, please don’t let my comments sway your choice of training provider, because either way up, you’ll still receive the tuition needed to pass your test. My comments are only designed to do a compare and contrast and offer you some pointers as you asked for comparison in your question. :smiley:

Good luck with your training and test. :smiley:

cheers. i will book assesments and see whats what :wink:

Hi there,i done my class c with them 3 years ago and they were very good,remember it isnt just about cost i wont hesitate to use them for my c+e soon,i found them very proffesional …good luck

assesment booked with KML next wednesday. Will let you know how it goes. watch out if you are in the area around 3 pm :smiling_imp: