Keeping a diary?

keep one as had a company try to foist someone ellses speed camera points onto me by saying it was me driving that vehicle when i wasnt used my diary to dispute the NIP then got my agency to check their records and prove the company wrong

Yeah I keep a diary,It’s an A5 empty/plain paper thing from asda-it’s got a couple of pockets at the back where I keep my charts and things.
In this book I write unit/trailer, mileage ,arrival/departure times at drops,fuel drawn and most importantly,when I started and finished breaks.
I keep it in case i get dug up about something 2/3 months after it happened. Like a tacho infringement for working 28 hours straight-stonridge tacho and manual entries-■■■■■■ pain in the arse things.

selby newcomer:

DAF95XF:
Does anybody else keep a diary of times, units driven (if you haven’t got the same one) and where you’ve been?

you work for Tesco at Reading don’t you?? how’s it goin with the job??

as for the diary, I keep one and write down start/finish time,unit reg, trailer number and jobs I’ve done for the day . also total up hours at the end of the week and write out how much overtime I’ve done.

it’s worth doing I think

Yeah it’s going alright, I’ve got a couple of red and amber warnings on my reviews already - too much break is a bad thing apparently :laughing: :laughing:

there’s plenty of time to sit about, keep on top of your breaks, it affects your bonus, under 50 mins is fine, have you been getting your bonus every week??

I’ve been keeping a work dairy for about 7 years now , start/finish times, total drive times,from where to where and weights carried( bulk tipping) infringements and mitigating circumstances , I keep it for a couple of years after for a bit of a memory jog .

What about recording damage to vehicles/ trailers? Especially if doing trailer swaps during shift.

I was docking for 17 yrs and have 17 diaries with all the hours i worked, what job i done and what the name of the ship was, but might chuck them as never look at them now.

Always kept one after old man received a NIP in Leeds when he was down South Coast. He could prove where and when he was, cleared himself and learned that way.

Only ever used mine in anger once, got a spot check by Hampshire Traffic police at Fleet. Mr Officer couldnt read tachographs (amongst other things he didnt know about trucks). Could cite every single day with the likes of the above…

Needless to say he wasnt too happy to be shown up!!

selby newcomer:
there’s plenty of time to sit about, keep on top of your breaks, it affects your bonus, under 50 mins is fine, have you been getting your bonus every week??

No :laughing: :laughing:
I’ve learned to use POA which goes against my grain - if I ain’t working I’m on break but sadly got to do it the Tesco way :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve kept a diary for over 20 years, I can tell you fuel consumptions and mileages for every vehicle I ever owned. Since I retired as an O/D I still keep up the habit as an employed driver. Years ago I also recorded the weekly fuel price but it got so depressing looking back I stopped that. kevmac47.

Hey guys, I’m looking to start a diary like this. I have come up with a few things I think will be good to record. If anyone can give me any ideas of anything else to include then that will be good.

• company
  • start time
  • finish time
    Total time
  • unit details - make/model/reg
  • start mileage/kilometres
  • finish mileage/kilometres
  • trailer no. - type
  • load type
  • pick up place / time.
  • tip place / time.
  • time of rest breaks
  • total rest

Any other ideas then please let me know. Thanks

I do this daily…

image.jpg

At the end of the week I do this…

image.jpg

I could not be bothered keeping such a detailed diary for every specific detail got better things to do with my time only things I keep record of are vehicle used(reg no) inrelation to any come backs for such as possible nips accidents or disciplinary issues and most importantly hours worked and wages.