Just to say HOW DO

Hi guys and gals, just found the site and thought id join. I’ve had my class c since October 2008 but never really done much with it. It helped me to drive the 5.5 tonne sprinters on tacho cards but now I have just relocated 25miles from the depot and want to go out and get some class c work. I‘m also considering getting my C + E but the problem I seam to be having is my age (24) and no experience on class c even though ive been driving vans commercially for 3 years but they don’t seam to want to even consider me. so now im just thinking if I go and get my C + E licence am I just wasting my money and time? I know im just moaning but before I spend a grand would like some opinions off current drivers. If any of you live around Bolton and know of any one who takes on young drivers OVER HERE :laughing:

cheers Ryan

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome rhino1985 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley:

rhino1985:
if I go and get my C + E licence am I just wasting my money and time?

Many newbies on this site under the age of 25 have found that getting their C+E has given them more options - some now have permanent CE jobs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

cheers rog, think I’am going to do it. girlfriends mum has just said that she will lend me the money until we get sorted and on our feet.

Opens a lot more doors mate… Got to be worth it. Even if you’re sat on it till you’re 25.

philmots:
Opens a lot more doors mate… Got to be worth it. Even if you’re sat on it till you’re 25.

yeah thats what i thought. you working for sainsburys? i was thinking of looking in to applying at haydock daepot what they like to work for?