Just a quick question

I got in work today and forgot my digi card (left it on wallet and forgot my wallet) can I still drive and do I just do a vehicle printout at end of day ?

No you can’t only do printout if card faulty. Imagine a fine if you get pulled in £200 region. You’ll have to go get it mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Just found this

What if my Digital Tachograph Card is Lost, Stolen or Defective

In all of the above situations it is acceptable to use a vehicle for up to 15 days without a Digital Tachograph card inserted into the machine.

You must report a missing or non-working digicard to VOSA within 7 days of the event. Telephone 0870 8501074.
Operate the mode switch and follow all driving regulations as usual (The Digital Tachograph Unit will record everything you do on its internal memory).
Complete a printout at the begining and the end of every shift and treat them in the same way as you would an Analogue Tachograph Disc.

So if I have lost it I should be ok to drive 20 miles home and search for it
Thanks for the reply

Yeah in theory but in reality you need to report it lost first and get a reference number, feel free anyone to shoot me down if I’m going off course here and giving wrongful advice!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

That’s ok I have just went home and found it but thanks for the advise. I did a morning printout so hopefully that will help alongside my card if I get pulled

keebs26uk:
That’s ok I have just went home and found it but thanks for the advise. I did a morning printout so hopefully that will help alongside my card if I get pulled

Dont forget its a vehicle printout!

5RRF:

keebs26uk:

Dont forget its a vehicle printout!

What else could he have done if he didn’t have a card in :unamused:

I’d lose the printout myself, do a manual entry to show your start time and just carry on, 20 miles is nothing in lost mileage

You must report a lost stolen or damaged card to your employer ASAP.

You also have 7 days to report it to DVLA (VOSA don’t issue the cards so don’t tell them)

You can operate the vehicle for 15 calendar days and must produce a vehicle printout at the beginning and end of shift operating the mode switch as normal throughout the shift. Sign the back of the print out and add your name and driver card or licence number plus any manual entries that might need making. Job done

So … when you arrived at work you realised you had ‘lost’ the card. You could have told the company (and asked them to get you a form D777B from t’internet) then done a print out etc. You wouldn’t need to report it to DVLA for 6 more days - plenty of time to suddenly find it again.

Carry the printouts for 28 days then hand in as you would an analogue tacho