job losses

dhl/securicor have decided to close 2 depots, one in kilmarnock at our moorefield depot with the loss off 29 jobs,also the depot at hounslow with the loss of 34 jobs. there will be 9 jobs going at the coalville depot but it’s hoped they can be placed in another department within the depot.this is due to the compaq contract being taken over by tibbet&britten, this was the decision of hewlett packard who recently took over control of compaq.compaq wanted to keep seuricor/dhl in there but they have to do what the bosses say.it’s hoped that the union can save as many jobs as possible by getting rid of the tempory and agency staff that are at our depot at mossend. good luck to all :cry:

These CLOWNS only pay around £5.50 p/h, :open_mouth: The only other shock to me is drivers ACTUALLY work for THEM :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: GOOD RIDDENCE I SAY. :exclamation:

TONY:
These CLOWNS only pay around £5.50 p/h, :open_mouth: The only other shock to me is drivers ACTUALLY work for THEM :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: GOOD RIDDENCE I SAY. :exclamation:

i take it your an agency driver, i don’t know what they pay per hour but the bit you might have forgot to add is they pay you the overtime rate that your agency pay you,so if the agency that you work for ain’t paying you what securicor/dhl are paying them i think you best have a chat with your agency.

They were payintg day drivers working on the Dixons/Mastercare job £5.25 an hour thats not agency thats full time employed by sol.

They are now paying £85 a day to these guys.

sol have at least 5 different pay system’s, we have tried to get there driver’s to join the same union as us so that way we can get everybody on the same contract and same pay scale and that way every class one driver get’s paid 7.21 per hour class two 6.21per hour x+half after the 8hours double time sunday’s.but because a few of them are on the miles pay scale they don’t want to move,but that’s only because they are getting the miles,they don’t look at the bigger picture when the guy’s that are on the mile’s and are getting sent on local deliveries earning a flat week.don’t add up does it

jammymutt:
They were payintg day drivers working on the Dixons/Mastercare job £5.25 an hour thats not agency thats full time employed by sol.

They are now paying £85 a day to these guys.

they don’t have that contract anymore.

DHL drivers are on peanuts in fancy yellow trucks :confused: NOT FOR ME :open_mouth: If u do o/t they ■■■■■■ it back with a short day Fridays so they dont have to pay you o/t rate, :open_mouth: Like i said CLOWNS, GOOD NIGHT TO THEM I SAY :exclamation: OH,AND GOD BLESS OF COURSE… :smiley:

your talking about DHL RED which are the original DHL, if you work our side ie securicor omega international then you get paid o/t . they don’t cut the friday. oh by the way we’re not the only one’s driving yellow trucks.

Fair enough kitkat, dhl/sec,are one of the same around here,that is my experiance anyway. Just my opinion, rubbish company and pay…

Dont worry about the job losses , when it comes to it they wont be able to organise it anyway.

TONY:
Fair enough kitkat, dhl/sec,are one of the same around here,that is my experiance anyway. Just my opinion, rubbish company and pay…

yes your entitled to your own opinion that’s fair enough,DHL work 8hrs without o/t, that is the way they work.at securicor express they only do 8 hrs with minimum o/t, we ourselves are contracted to 39per week 4x8 & 1x7hr shifts,after that we are on o/t,although we are the same company we all work different pattern’s. i don’t know which depot you have worked for mayby if you yold me i might start to agree with you. danzas are in with us as well just incase you get a shift with them.

I thought Currie european had the Compaq contract■■?

TONY:

a man talking sense! IMHO of course!

morpethmike:
I thought Currie european had the Compaq contract■■?

they do but we done the deliveries to europe and the uk, don’t think curries are doing too well out of compaq, they have paid off a few drivers in the past few month’s at erskine/ braehead closed down last year. they are now doing the tesco’s contract

jammymutt:
Dont worry about the job losses , when it comes to it they wont be able to organise it anyway.

sorry to burst the bubble but 28th feb is the final day