Jealousy

shuttlespanker:

Snarley:
A company I know on a pallet network nights bought 2 new Volvo’s.
1 x 460 and 1 x 500.
The 500 goes early, and the 460 carries the leftovers.
Both lovely trucks, but the driver of the 460 was so incensed at having the lesser engine, he bought 500 badges and put them on the side !!
Both night trunks and both vehicle’s pull uphill and down hill the same!
He has the right hump and has thrown his dummy’s out of the pram.

This is honest truth, I have seen both trucks, and could not believe how jealous a driver could be !

Do any other members get jealous of trucks they see??

IIRC, one of Ray White’s drivers put 660 badges on a 460 Volvo FH12 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bet that ain’t the only thing he put on it hey fatty!!

Jelliot:
Every one gets a bit of the green eyed monster from time to time, and it’s better to be serving it than receiving it, but most people can handle it with out to much effect.
Without knowing the personal details it’s hard to say whats going on but the guy doesn’t seem to have the maturity to handle that kind of situation, may be a bit irrational. Perhaps he’s a bit borderline, on the spectrum for autism or depression. It sounds like he should speak to someone ( professional ) about his situation before it gets out of hand. A situation like that should be handled very carefully, it’s not as a joke.

There’s a good chance that he could also be taking out his frustration on the truck or other road users.

Jeff…

Thats a good point, we all know and work with some blokes who are seriously depressed, i don’t mean get the hump now and again i mean blokes who shouldn’t really be involved in a job like ours, too stressed to cope, i avoid them if at all possible.

Some, not all by any means, take advantage of this because they can take the ■■■■ with impunity, very difficult for a company to deal with these people without it backfiring and these people whilst supposedly ill can be as crafty as a coachload of monkeys, trouble is its the other blokes who don’t take the ■■■■ who have to cover for, put up with, and carry these people, sometimes for years on end.

Contraflow:

Snarley:
Both lovely trucks, but the driver of the 460 was so incensed at having the lesser engine, he bought 500 badges and put them on the side !!

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard.[/quot

I agree, I find it difficult to believe that a driver would behave in such a way.

What’s small ■■■■■ syndrome?

My truck criteria are:

Does it have a steering wheel and will it go?

Does it keep the rain out?

If the answer to the above is yes, it’ll do.

I don’t even look at the badges on the truck. I couldn’t give a ■■■■ what engine it has/gearbox etc. As has been said, it’s the pay packet that interests me, not a lump of metal that belongs to someone else!

mike68:

Contraflow:

Snarley:

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard.[/quot

I agree, I find it difficult to believe that a driver would behave in such a way.

I would be more aggrieved if he was earning more money than I was. Sod the power in the vehicle.

We usually have 8 new motors at a time and sometimes they differ in spec, guys clamber over them to see which are the best to have, the boss will ask me which one I want, I always tell him I’ll have the one that’s left after they have finished fighting.
Doesn’t bother me one jot I still earn the same money whatever.

Slackbladder:

This:

amhc.org/1-anxiety-disorders … uggestions

This blokes life must be completely squared away if he has ■■■■ all else to worry about except the perceived slur of driving a lesser lorry than his colleague.

Pathetic

:laughing: :laughing: Takes all sorts :laughing:
Glad I am not of that mind, I drive a three axle rigid Scania thats a refurbished 53 plate, the other three trucks we have are near new artic Scanias…I dont care though I like my ickle truck :blush:
And most importantly know one cares we all get treated and treat each other the same…most of the time… :laughing:

:bulb: I never thought of changing the badges though…hmmm would they notice :laughing:

Harry Monk:
In the old days, it wasn’t unknown for drivers to put lower sized engine badges on the truck so the Ministry wouldn’t realise they were overloaded going up Jubilee Way. :stuck_out_tongue:

happens in the now aswell harry, i know one firm that has a few 510 cf dafs badged as 410’s

Truckulent:
My truck criteria are:

Does it have a steering wheel and will it go?

Does it keep the rain out?

If the answer to the above is yes, it’ll do.

I don’t even look at the badges on the truck. I couldn’t give a [zb] what engine it has/gearbox etc. As has been said, it’s the pay packet that interests me, not a lump of metal that belongs to someone else!

Totally agree and a decent radio is a bonus.

Sadly I’ve seen plenty of it during my time at work and not only with truck drivers and its not a new thing.
I’ve known people who’ve given themselves job titles, so they had the word manager in it.
Refuse to do certain jobs as it was beneath their perceived position in the company, or when they were forced to do it have a total paddy, which made look even bigger [zb]'s. :laughing:

I was working for a company who subbied to another company when the FH first came out. Some of their drivers started to mess about with the trucks as they were still in F cab Volvos, we couldn’t understand this as we had 8 year old Renault G290’s and weren’t the least bit worried. :laughing:

I really can’t understand it, it seems to show a massive level of insecurity, if your whole self image stems from the job you do, but plenty seem to hold store by it. :confused:

Slackbladder:

The condition which compels men to over compensate in other parts of their lives, to make up for their less than average willy.

I.e…bodybuilders, 4x4 off road fanatics, big lights all over lorry, 500 badges on a 440 etc

it is a genuine illness for some

We had a bloke at CFT who was given one of six new Magnums they bought for the trampers. He used to crack on to the customers that he owned it and had been made to paint it in CFT colours because he was a long term subbie. I will never understand the mentality behind this.

Snarley:
A company I know on a pallet network nights bought 2 new Volvo’s.
1 x 460 and 1 x 500.
The 500 goes early, and the 460 carries the leftovers.
Both night trunks and both vehicle’s pull uphill and down hill the same!
He has the right hump and has thrown his dummy’s out of the pram.

This is honest truth, I have seen both trucks, and could not believe how jealous a driver could be !

Do any other members get jealous of trucks they see??

Thats well sad - what badges does he have on his car or lawnmower - as has been said, could be a sign of something worrying.

4x4 off road fanatics

Oi, thats my hobby and my Mrs said I have a huge todger…she also said she was a virgin, not sure where my stepson appeared from :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

Rhythm Thief:
We had a bloke at CFT who was given one of six new Magnums they bought for the trampers. He used to crack on to the customers that he owned it and had been made to paint it in CFT colours because he was a long term subbie. I will never understand the mentality behind this.

I knew a subbie that painted his truck in the company colours and told the workshop manager that it was one of theirs so he could get it serviced for free. Every one knew he was dodgy, but harmless, so the accountant was told to deduct the servicing at source. It took him a couple of years to find out that it was all a bit of a joke and most folk were in on, he was well pi$$ed when he found out.

I knew an Irish guy that had F10 badges on his F16, 15 ton of steel on the floor, 20 ton of hanging meat above that, Barcelona one week Milan the next.

That’s one of the reasons you have VOSA now… ( I don’t I have the RTA, just the same, possibly cousins, or siblings of cousins. )

Jeff…

Rhythm Thief:

I knew a subbie that painted his truck in the company colours and told the workshop manager that it was one of theirs so he could get it serviced for free. Every one knew he was dodgy, but harmless, so the accountant was told to deduct the servicing at source. It took him a couple of years to find out that it was all a bit of a joke and most folk were in on, he was well pi$$ed when he found out.

I knew an Irish guy that had F10 badges on his F16, 15 ton of steel on the floor, 20 ton of hanging meat above that, Barcelona one week Milan the next.

That’s one of the reasons you have VOSA now… ( I don’t I have the RTA, just the same, possibly cousins, or siblings of cousins )

Jeff…

Oh look double post, haven’t done that for a while.

Jeff