J T Padbury Limited, Northampton

I know its a long shot, but was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the Scanias that the above company used to run on livestock work. They were dark green with a red stripe on the units and yellow lettering on the trailers

Thanks in advance

Cracking fleet in their day and a great bunch of lads, can’t believe I never took photos as a kid when I would see them week in week out when working with my dad at cattle markets :frowning:

have got a couple of their calenders buried away, so if I can locate them will get then scanned and posted up

Thanks wardg, that would be great if you had some pics that you could scan

Remember Padburys very well, we used sub work to them, Irish cattle from Birkenhead to Northampton.

i used to work at a few of the markets that padburys used to haul in and out of banbury,northampton,rugby,kettering ,market harboro, they were a decent bunch and some real characters diabetic pete he drove one of the km bedfords [used to carry a huge d**do in his jacket], i guess he thought it was funny but as a 15 year old i thought it was disgusting, ■■■■ he used to drive the double decker,roger he drove one of the scania lorry and drags 80/81 and ray he drove the little scania 80/81 artic nice fellow always had his son with him sadly he died when he ran out of brakes coming down a hill over gloucester way [iirc] he jumped from the truck and unfortunately the truck ran over him real sad he was a heck of nice guy always cheerful, his kid must be lste 30s by now