Iveco stralis air fitting

Hi all

Had an iveco break down tonight thout it was air dryer so we got the recker to fit an airdryer turns out it could be the compressor anyway got it all sorted for now but in the future we would like to be prepared, we have a van with an air compressor built in so we could fill the tanks up manually does anybody know where i can get just the connector that goes onto the connectors as shown and whether you can build up the air to release the breaks through those connectors

Thanks in advance

hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/impe … 01493.html

Thank you do you know which connection would release the brakes?

Yes you need a test point adapter.

Usually top is gearbox, middle (says something like riempimeto aria in Italian) to replenish tanks and bottom to take air out to fill tyres. Shouldn’t matter if you use trial and error anyway just make sure the park brake is on or the wheels chocked.

The driers do go on them at anything from about 250k upwards they call them the APU. Did they actually change the drier or just the cartridge as I’ve done them at the side of the road and they’re far from a five minute job.

Bear in mind though that the carbon build up from the compressor can murder driers so pipework wants thoroughly cleaning and checking to ensure that side of things is ok. There are some circlips you can remove to get inside the drier and you can often see what’s failed there’s a metal pin that’s a weak point and usually when it goes the drier will ■■■■ air straight out of the exhaust.

Edit: looking at your photo I’m 99% it will be the middle one.

Thanks very mich will get a connection made up, it was the whole drier and cartridge changed but apparently no air was betting to it so we’ll be investigating that today

IIRC the spigot size on a test point connector refers to the ID of the pipe required, which will correctly identify hose needed, but not plastic/nylon pipe.

So could i not just get a m16x1.5 fitting and put an airline bit on the other end and just fill them up like that? Or has it got to be specifically a test point adapter

The link below shows the plastic inlet valve spigot which is underneath the rubber cover. To operate this you will need the ISO test connector. Tube Gear are one of the largest suppliers of pipe fittings in the UK, there is every chance that your local motor factor is one of their customers.

tube-gear.com/pages/pdf/02-D … mplete.pdf

boyesadabest:
So could i not just get a m16x1.5 fitting and put an airline bit on the other end and just fill them up like that? Or has it got to be specifically a test point adapter

I did a guide on these before. It’s all on page 2 of this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87976&start=30