Its not going well!

We are aware of the number of issues that members are having with the forums- in a number of diffrerent ways. We have asked a phpBB expert to come in and look at these issues and that work is now underway… however the work so far has identified some quite major issues with the database. Work to correct this is now starting and will be ongoing for a while, it may mean slow forums, or no forums at all for a while. We do apologise for this- the forum software is broken and it is better fixed now before it gets any worse

Been having real issues with the TapaTalk App which I know has nothing to do with you but it’s starting to ruin visits here.

Maybe you shoul turn this into a temporary sticky Rikki (ha, see what I did there) as a lot of folk maybe don’t look in this particular section and are a tad confused.

m1cks:
Been having real issues with the TapaTalk App which I know has nothing to do with you but it’s starting to ruin visits here.

The tapatalk app is on the list… most is down to tapatalk itself which we can’t change, but we are looking at optimising what we have. the current tapatalk API is not working, and that is our end and on the list to fix

I get notifications about new post on the threads I have posted on when I click on them to take me to the thread I find they are directing me to a totally different thread

Have seen you are having probs just wondered if this is 1 of them

Would it help if you released all the dangerous animals off pre-mod … :open_mouth:

My handle seems to have been corrupted somehow since the problems of yesterday, can you do anything about it?

Should be Héraultais, not as shown!

Update: Due to some database issues we had to do a small roll back to the forums, to the last save, this meant a few posts were lost. we apologise for this but as we attempt to repair the problems we may have to roll back a few times.

Héraultais:
My handle seems to have been corrupted somehow since the problems of yesterday, can you do anything about it?

Should be Héraultais, not as shown!

Dear Héraultais, ( … only kidding!! :laughing: :laughing: )

I’ve fixed that for you, so now you’re back to being Héraultais.

I think it was something to do with how the TN board software renders foreign letters.

My German character set seems to be displaying OK too… Ä ä Ö ö Ü ü ß :smiley:

Thanks for letting us know.

dieseldave:
Dear Héraultais, ( … only kidding!! :laughing: :laughing: )

I’ve fixed that for you, so now you’re back to being Héraultais.

:laughing: Thanks very much dieseldave :smiley:

animal:
I get notifications about new post on the threads I have posted on when I click on them to take me to the thread I find they are directing me to a totally different thread

Have seen you are having probs just wondered if this is 1 of them

I’ve been getting emails as well, on the A34 closed again thread and a post I made on the ‘reversing on to a bay’ or similarly titled thread and (for reasons stated elsewhere) it disappeared…never mind

Or maybe just invest in some decent forum software?

You get what you pay for…phpbb is free…

Always preferred vBulletin…ok, it’s not cheap but it’s far more solid than phpbb.

Turn it of then on again, works every time. :smiley:

DonutUK:
Or maybe just invest in some decent forum software?

You get what you pay for…phpbb is free…

Always preferred vBulletin…ok, it’s not cheap but it’s far more solid than phpbb.

I have a forum on vbulletin 3.8 and is probably a better software than this but we are going to move it to this xenforo.com/ , is a great forum package allowing users to like posts and earn a reputation with trophy points separating the wheat from the chaff.

Xenforo is a fantastic platform, developed by 2 guys who jumped ship from vbulletin as its pants! I use it on a forum I admin on, its also used by a large military forum. I’m also considering it for my own forum.