Is this possible

Hi all

Need some opinions especially those of you that run Scottish from south East England regularly. I’m running some furniture up to Kirkton of Glenisla tomorrow Nr Blairgowrie.
Will be leaving 2am in a 18 ton box. Can I do it ten hours? I’ve decided to go A1 A66 M6 will that be my best option. Last thing I want is to run out of time but if it happens then so be it. My precise departure point is Southend on sea Essex. So what do ya fancy me chances?.

Should get there in a shift no hassel once you get near glasgow use the M73 M80 to start heading north then you will pick then signs up for M9 A9 to perth and enjoy the run but the weather is pants in scotland as always.

500 miles, I’d be thinking Hamilton services, Stirling at a push with no hold ups along the way.

A1 closed at night from Wansford to RAF Wittering and then Grantham up to Newark, think I would try M1 up to Catthorpe then up the M6, 515 miles according to Google think it is possible but you won’t want any hold ups, very good friend of mine claims to have done 530 miles in a shift, keep her lit and good luck. :open_mouth:

M1 north has been closed this week at night
around j16 area ,check it first .

Pleased I don’t do night’s anymore you just cannot win. :frowning:

dannyboy108:
Hi all

Need some opinions especially those of you that run Scottish from south East England regularly. I’m running some furniture up to Kirkton of Glenisla tomorrow Nr Blairgowrie.
Will be leaving 2am in a 18 ton box. Can I do it ten hours? I’ve decided to go A1 A66 M6 will that be my best option. Last thing I want is to run out of time but if it happens then so be it. My precise departure point is Southend on sea Essex. So what do ya fancy me chances?.

I’d say 4 hours from Carlisle if that helps.

You have to realize that once you get beyond Perth its single carriageway with a lot of bends,its 40 mph up here BTW.ITS very scenic in this area You could cross the Friarton Bridge and head for Braemar and look out for the B 951 on your right after Bridge of Cally,enjoy.

dannyboy108:
Hi all

you would stand a better chance if you get out of the 18 ton box

Vid:
500 miles, I’d be thinking Hamilton services, Stirling at a push with no hold ups along the way.

Spot on mate I made it to Hamilton services with 1 minute to spare on a 9 hour. Then got just south of Perth.
Might have got all the way to Glenisla if the poxy uk road network was open at night. Both major Trunk roads north A1 M1 were closed. Anyway here now and what a beautiful part of the world too.