is it true

Saaamon:

dew:
Aren’t Warberer’s what became of Willi Betz? Or did they just fill the shoes? Never see a Betz truck in the UK any more, see [zb] loads of Warberer’s 4x2s though!

I see alot of willi betz trucks, mainly at freight forwarding companies.

Yes true, Willi Betz have cutback thier fleets and lost some big contract work also killed by other cheap competitives like Waberer’s, Polish, Romanian and Bulgarians hauliers who are most cheap offers than Betz’s price

Now Willi Betz focus on Far Eastern European work at moment like Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and CIS work and they have found out and it is better offers than Western European market at moment. Willi Betz have won big contract for NATO and American Miltary - collect American goods in Riga Port, Latvia and drive down to Afghanistan via Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. They are doing on 2,500 Betz trucks that’s why you have see less Betz trucks around here.

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
The last time i was in ALL 4 TRUCKS in Marck near Calais. i counted 240 Waberer trucks.They work for a lot of blue chip companies, plus you do not see many parked up by Vostapo.
I always found the Hungarian drivers and equipment good with well maintained trucks,if we needed help on the mid east runs the Hungarocamion drivers always stopped,they also had very good breakdown wreckers.

I’ve always held them in high regard myself when it comes to equipment and quality of drivers. However in recent years as they’ve expanded they do seem to have taken on lots of totally inexperienced drivers straight off the dole queue, somebody posted a link to that effect a few months back.
I know that last winter when I did some driving back in the UK, I arrived to do a trailer swap at Iggesund in Workington to find a double manned Warberer shunting to back in to one of those bays inside the shed with the raised warehouse flooring around both sides. Anyway, 20 minutes later as I’m in the back of my empty drop trailer rolling all the straps up and taking my boards out, one of these Waberer drivers asks me in broken German to help them get on the bay. I thought they just wanted me to watch them in, but was geastured in to the drivers seat of their LHD (obviously) FH12 with I-shift, something I’d never driven before myself but managed to get it in with two shunts. Granted the bay is very tight but you can come at it in a straight line by pulling ahead, its just that there is about an inch on either side as you back in and it appears to have a slight curve to it. Either way, its nothing that you wouldn’t expect two drivers to be able to do between themselves in the 20 minutes I was there! I have a lot of respect for the Hungarocamion of old and all who worked for them, but a lot of them guys have moved on now and their replacements aren’t of the same calibre.

As I already said: They employ anybody with brand new licence, because they always have a driver shortage. The reasons: poor salary, long worktime.

This link posted by Betz earlier http://www.hgvuk.com/07/27/waberers-international-focuses-on-uk-business/ actually says that Waberers are the sixth largest EU haulier.I guess DHL are way up there,Nobbies,Betz perhaps? Anyone have any definitive info as to the top five?

Nobbies do not own Ivesco, and they do not need to. Neither side has to declare that they have a relationship.

Its an investment fund, the shares are owned as declared by Invesco ( the fund that put the money up for the buyout) no-one owns them shares apart from Invesco- to declare that when the facts are different is illegal under UK law.

Its a fund management scheme that you and I could buy into , that has a portfolio of shares - owned by the investment company but that uses yours and my money (if you buy in) to buy them, and the returns are split between the fund managers company and the investors in the fund- at no point to those who pay into the fund actually own the shares, they are owned by the fund managers

here endeth the lesson on investment funds 101

or to make it simple Norberts do not own 30% of Stobarts, neither do Tesco’s or the Mormon Church - anyone who tells you they do has no understanding of the financial markets, is possibly stupid or just feels the need to open their mouth and spout rubbish cos they have nothing else to say.

Sorry facts and reality dont match the conspiracy theories :wink: but hey ho… I am sure those spouting such garbage can revert to pink chalk and their military service, nudge nudge wink wink say no more

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
The last time i was in ALL 4 TRUCKS in Marck near Calais. i counted 240 Waberer trucks.They work for a lot of blue chip companies, plus you do not see many parked up by Vostapo.
I always found the Hungarian drivers and equipment good with well maintained trucks,if we needed help on the mid east runs the Hungarocamion drivers always stopped,they also had very good breakdown wreckers.

I’ve always held them in high regard myself when it comes to equipment and quality of drivers. However in recent years as they’ve expanded they do seem to have taken on lots of totally inexperienced drivers straight off the dole queue, somebody posted a link to that effect a few months back.
I know that last winter when I did some driving back in the UK, I arrived to do a trailer swap at Iggesund in Workington to find a double manned Warberer shunting to back in to one of those bays inside the shed with the raised warehouse flooring around both sides. Anyway, 20 minutes later as I’m in the back of my empty drop trailer rolling all the straps up and taking my boards out, one of these Waberer drivers asks me in broken German to help them get on the bay. I thought they just wanted me to watch them in, but was geastured in to the drivers seat of their LHD (obviously) FH12 with I-shift, something I’d never driven before myself but managed to get it in with two shunts. Granted the bay is very tight but you can come at it in a straight line by pulling ahead, its just that there is about an inch on either side as you back in and it appears to have a slight curve to it. Either way, its nothing that you wouldn’t expect two drivers to be able to do between themselves in the 20 minutes I was there! I have a lot of respect for the Hungarocamion of old and all who worked for them, but a lot of them guys have moved on now and their replacements aren’t of the same calibre.

A very experienced Waberers driver (his name is Giorgio and he loves driving in the UK) showed me this… :smiley: youtube.com/watch?v=5VGOAObU … r_embedded

Dennisthemenace:

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■

A very experienced Waberers driver (his name is Giorgio and he loves driving in the UK) showed me this… :smiley: youtube.com/watch?v=5VGOAObU … r_embedded

Thats where the dcpc comes into play :stuck_out_tongue: its like condensed experience, once you have a dcpc you can do anything.
btw Im in Bulgaria and drivers here need to take one too, you can maybe get one under the counter but its about the same as taking the ‘test’ anyway.

Bobtailvw:

Dennisthemenace:

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■

Thats where the dcpc comes into play :stuck_out_tongue: its like condensed experience, once you have a dcpc you can do anything.
btw Im in Bulgaria and drivers here need to take one too, you can maybe get one under the counter but its about the same as taking the ‘test’ anyway.

You can even BUY a driving licence in eastern european countries.Why do you suppose, they can not buy a DCPD card■■?

Dennisthemenace:

Bobtailvw:

Dennisthemenace:

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■

You can even BUY a driving licence in eastern european countries.Why do you suppose, they can not buy a DCPD card■■?

You can in UK if you know where to look.

Bobtailvw:

Dennisthemenace:

Bobtailvw:

Dennisthemenace:

robinhood_1984:

klunk/■■■■■■■■

You can in UK if you know where to look.

You just completely ruined my faith in the UK… :laughing: I spent a whole lot of money for my licences… :unamused:

Rikki you spoil all the fun… Everyone nows tesco and the Mormons own stobbards… :smiley:

JB:
Rikki you spoil all the fun… Everyone nows tesco and the Mormons own stobbards… :smiley:

I supposed, mormons are in the USA only… :open_mouth: