IS it that bad?

I have been looking for a job recently due to Ex-Hell taking iover the B&Q contract but surely it cant be this bad can it?.

Job Title DRIVER LOS/2955

LocationWITHAM ST HUGHS, LINCOLN
Hours40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY - SATURDAY, 7.00AM - 5.00PM
Wage £6.00 - £6.50 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays , Weekends
EmployerFlogas U.K Ltd
PensionNo details held

DurationPERMANENT ONLY

Description
Applicants must have a full clean class c licence with an ADR certificate, and experience in multi drop deliveries preferred. Duties will be delivering Gas cylinders to business and domestic houses, will involve some lifting and rolling and of cylinders, knowledge of Lincolnshire and Nottingham areas would be an advantage. Non smoker preferred. Will only be required to work Saturdays during winter months.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01522 869005 and asking for Linda Lowis.

phone them up pretending you dont know money side then laugh at them down the phone.if enough people did that then they might cotton on that the rate is lousy

if people are willing to work for this money then companies will pay it. it,s down t us how much we wanna earn and what were willing to work for :smiling_imp:

p.s

i could sit on the comp all day and find low paid jobs

It took me 2 mins and its the only job i can find locally thats the scary bit

neil46:
phone them up pretending you dont know money side then laugh at them down the phone.if enough people did that then they might cotton on that the rate is lousy

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now you see if this was easy, peice of ■■■■ job then the money wouldnt be quite so bad. I mean if it was a cushy job then even at that rate it might suit some people, but then you read on about the lugging f£$*ing great bloody heavy gas bottles up to blocks of flats…

…sod off i’d want £10 ph for that atleast. Thats even worse than the days of lugging poxy shopping up stairs. :unamused:

Harry Vos Logistics were advertising a while ago for class 1 drivers based in Doncaster.

Mainly UK work, occasional continental work, with overtime available. Monday to Friday £6 per hour.

As much as I’d love continental work they can shove that :exclamation:

I get way more money per hour for doing class 2 work at the moment than most class 1 drivers do :sunglasses:

• Job Title
  • LGV CLASS1 DRIVER
  • HUL/156361

Hours
40 HOURS PER WEEK. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 8AM TO 5PM

Wage
£5.46 PER HOUR

Work Pattern
Days , Weekends

Pension
No details held

Duration
PERMANENT ONLY

Description

Must have a full clean CLASS1 HGV licence. Will be driving throughout the UK delivering goods to customers. Duties will include loading and unloading vehicle using relevant lifting apparatus. Also will be required to do general paper work as required Applicants to contact Trevor Underwood by telephone on 01482 312700 for an informal chat

bet this number will be engaged :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

jammymutt:

thats because you are not looking in the right places. job centre? NOOOOOOOO
local rag? NOOOOOOOOO
get off your arse and contact companies ‘on the offchance’ YES :smiley:

thats the way to do it mate. tried and tested method. the only jobs advertised are the ones that no one else will take. the reason being that no one else will work for that money hence the companies cant get drivers. its a viscious circle and there are only 2 ways out. 1, increase the money or 2, find someone gullible enough to take the job. dont be one of them mate. arm yourself with a CV and start going through the phone book :wink:

and if you happen to find one, im a class 1 driver looking for work in or around Stirling :blush:

been stitched up by a former boss :imp:
a former boss who was sacked a few days after i gave him my CV to send to another bloke in Scotland who apparently had a job for me. that was 4 weeks ago and since i had heard nothing, i wrote to someone else up there. that letter was passed on to the relevant guy who had not heard anything other than i was looking for a transfer. he didnt offer me a job nor did he ever receive my CV. i do have an interview with him on monday though although if the money is not at least what im on now, i will be leaving Ex Hell too

scanny77:

jammymutt:

thats because you are not looking in the right places. job centre? NOOOOOOOO
local rag? NOOOOOOOOO
get off your arse and contact companies ‘on the offchance’ YES :smiley:

Couldn’t agree more. worst job I had was through the job centre. got this job by sending an email. fired off an email to loads of companies explaining what I have done and what I was looking for. heard nothing for 2 weeks, then got an email asking me to call in for an interview. that took 5 minutes and they asked when I could start. never showed them a CV or filled in an application form. I hear about more jobs from talking to drivers of other companies than I read about in the local paper.

What sort of work/shifts/hours/pay are you looking for jammymut and how far would you travel each day/week?

I,ll travel reasonably far if its There Monday and back Friday and away all week about 50/60 miles is far enough once a week but if its daily traveling im on the brink now at 25 miles a day.

I could easily get a job at Tesco in Peterborough but 60 miles a day ios a bit too far for me.

jammymutt:
Hours40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY - SATURDAY, 7.00AM - 5.00PM

Don’t look much like 40 hours per week to me.

There was an advert in the Leeds-area jobs paper yesterday for a Class 2 driver (with HIAB), paying £9.35 per hour, in comparison to some of the national minimum wage-esque positions mentioned in this thread.

Not interested in Bilsthorpe then jammy?

jammymutt:
I,ll travel reasonably far if its There Monday and back Friday and away all week about 50/60 miles is far enough once a week but if its daily traveling im on the brink now at 25 miles a day.

hmm, that should open a few doors.

You could try DHL, who now have the British Gypsum contract out of barrow-upon-soar down the a46.

a better option may be Castle cement near stamford. they are very strict with the WTD, if you’ve done 48hrs after 4 days, you go home until the next week. was salaried at 27.5k but they’ve had a rise since then. day runs or tramping. can be on tanks or pallets.

Want some variety? try C.S.Ellis at north luffenham. tramping doing pallet work with the odd bit of ADR.

As you live in newark, who’s got that big DC just south of the a1/a46 junction? looks like a supermarket DC layout to me.

If we were busier, i’d say give us a ring (wellingborough but only once a week), but we’ve no spare trucks at the moment and works been a bit quiet this month.

CM:

Cant sleep with a fridge running or i would definately go there for a job :wink:.

Roadhog:
As you live in newark, who’s got that big DC just south of the a1/a46 junction? looks like a supermarket DC layout to me.

That big place is going to be Mastercare/DHl Ex-hell

is that mastercare as in delivering to dixons group? if it is, the money is pretty lousy but the job is good. i did it through an agency and the first day i was there i had 3 drops. the next day was 4 drops (3 of which were the same shops as before). i think the next time i was out with a drivers mate cos he was spare. some of the routing was a joke ie 2 of our wagons turning up at the same drop but generally speaking, the job was good as long as you dont mind a bit of labouring ie shifting washing machines etc on a sack barrow. off the tail lift and its taken from there

jammymutt:

CM:

Cant sleep with a fridge running or i would definately go there for a job :wink:.

Roadhog:

That big place is going to be Mastercare/DHl Ex-hell

Are you loking for tramping then? why not go just days or nights?