IP addy's

carryfast , truckers mate , fankysbaby or what ever ?
if it’s the same person that just keeps re-registering under a different username to cause trouble, why cant his IP address be tracked & put on a banned list ?
i moderate on another forum & this is what we do to trouble makers , that way everytime a ‘new’ member registers ,he has to wait for mod approval ,his IP addy is scanned & checked against on a banned list if it comes up membership is refused & he cant post

Very easy to use a different IP address for different user names, I do that all the time.

MolePower:
if it’s the same person that just keeps re-registering under a different username to cause trouble, why cant his IP address be tracked & put on a banned list ?

those three names have 3 different IP addresses !

Coffeeholic:
Very easy to use a different IP address for different user names, I do that all the time.

Denis F:

MolePower:

those three names have 3 different IP addresses !

ah …

…ban all 3 then !

there you go easy , can i moderate here as well now ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so are truckerspal, dogtanian and batista on different IP’s then? :wink: :wink:

welshboyinspain:

they are similar but use dynamic addresses from one home broadband supplier and one mobile broadband supplier , so each post has it’s own ip address !

Denis F:

welshboyinspain:

they are similar but use dynamic addresses from one home broadband supplier and one mobile broadband supplier , so each post has it’s own ip address !

bit too technical for me den :blush: one home supplier? they live in the same house then?

welshboyinspain:

Denis F:

welshboyinspain:

bit too technical for me den :blush: one home supplier? they live in the same house then?

no, not the same house !! when I said one home supplier I meant they use the same internet company
( and unfortunately according to Google this Internet company has 4.197 million users !)

techie bit :-

Dynamic IP Addressing

The biggest advantages of Dynamic IP Addressing are less security risk as the computer is assigned a new IP address each time the customer logs on, they are cost effective and there is automatic network configuration (the less human intervention with network configuration the better). Dynamic addressing is usually used by ISP’s so that one IP address can be assigned to several users, .

thanks denis :smiley:
i still think they are the same troll, shame really as if it wasn’t for them certain prolific posters and video makers would use the site more often. this is a good site sometimes spoiled by a very small minority

welshboyinspain:
i still think they are the same troll, shame really as if it wasn’t for them certain prolific posters and video makers would use the site more often. this is a good site sometimes spoiled by a very small minority

who me?

browncow2:

welshboyinspain:

who me?

no not you dafydd you’re not a troll, you have the same handsome face as an orc maybe but not a troll :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

quite agree