Introduction

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone. I am relatively new to this site and the industry.
I am currently looking to pass my LGV C license in Stoke On Trent, I am unsure of a good school to learn at, has anyone any info on good schools in the Stoke area.
Also could anyone tell me whether in there opinion it would be best to do my rigid license and do a couple of years on rigids before applying for my C+E or is it best to do both to start with bearing in mind I am 21 years of age.

Sorry for Babbling on just trying to get as much info as I can before changing careers.

Cheers

bassetts on the a34 at tittensor,they used to have their own driving school !.

I’m starting my new C+E (class 1) job in a few weeks. Its my first job in the haulage industry from leaving my current job in IT.

I went and got my C+E straight after my class C. Everybody has different opinions, its down to how you feel at the end of the day.

I wanted to do both straight away and get all the testing done once and for all. Make sure you do you homework on your training supplier, ask about them on hear before you make your final decision, i’m sure there will be somebody who would know of them

Getting a job without any experience may be difficult and many drivers take the agency route.

As said mate, its all down to how you feel. I wish you the best of luck

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks , I am thinking of using Sills in Distrubition in Stoke if anyone has heard of them if they could let me know what they think

Welcome JayLNix :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Please click the link in my signature for some tips :smiley:

You have pm

thanks for the replies and advice guys, just a quick question when I have finished my training judging by some of the posts on here, Am I going to have to go for the good old agency route due to my age and experience or is it possible to find someone who will employ me with no experience.
If so could someone give me a shout

Yes There are companys out there mate, but you have to search around

As said in my post above. I’m starting my first ever permanent HGV job soon. It can be done. :smiley: