INTERNET CONNECTION

gezt:

weeto:

Thereal-john:
Does anyone on here use a dongle for their iPad? I’m told you can’t.

Mike-C:

Thereal-john:

You could connect it to a wifi dongley thing, three do one called mifi, works just as good as a USB dongle and is ideal for tablets and you can get it on payg.
[/quote

Thats what i am using,makes the whole cab wi-fi so my 2 phones ,tablet and laptop connect automaticly. very impressed with it and simple to set up and use, no one else can use it without your key.

Is that one of those Huawei E5331 thingamebobs■■? If so I think I’ll look at getting one.

Im on the one plan,unlimited data, £15 a month, sim only and tether from my iphone to my ipad or laptop.
I used 10.5gb last month, the most so far. :smiley:
Ive also got a mobile wifi thing from 3, thats £15 a month for 10gb. Which i had before i went on the one plan,both normally really good, but unfortunately you cant use these abroad as it would cost you a fortunate.
If you know what countries your going to best thing to do is get the sims from there and buy a second hand phone to tether on as ive noticed in the past when in Spain the tariffs are alot cheaper than over here.

I use 3 dongle just like 206doorman have a shop around see what he beat deal is but dingle is deffinately eh way to go

3’s the way to go. EE is a rip off for 4g data, I’m out the door when my contract expires.

mikeshe:

gezt:

weeto:

Thereal-john:

Mike-C:

Thereal-john:

You could connect it to a wifi dongley thing, three do one called mifi, works just as good as a USB dongle and is ideal for tablets and you can get it on payg.
[/quote

Thats what i am using,makes the whole cab wi-fi so my 2 phones ,tablet and laptop connect automaticly. very impressed with it and simple to set up and use, no one else can use it without your key.[/quote

Yes mate but get unlocked one. Leaves you free to use any sim card :wink:

Is that one of those Huawei E5331 thingamebobs■■? If so I think I’ll look at getting one.

dafpower:
I use 3 dongle just like 206doorman have a shop around see what he beat deal is but dingle is deffinately eh way to go

I’m having trouble topping up each month via the website. Have to phone every time.
Dafpower, same with you?

206doorman:

Derf:
Tether your mobile to the laptop. You can then use your phone’s 3G signal.

I’ve tried to do that but don’t know how to ‘make it’ connect. Couldn’t find the right menu!

You will still get hit with a hefty bill if you do that,Vodafone do a 3 quid a day passport type thingy which for 3 quid you use up your mins,data as you would the same rate in the uk.I’ve got it and my bills are fine. :wink:
The 3G from 3 is crap over the water,never any coverage and if you get it eventually it’s very expensive,you will get all sorts of messages coming up saying you limit has been reached within a few minutes of logging on.

206doorman no pal I get sorted almost straightway the annoying thing is that I have to restart my lappy each time I too up for the dongle to recognise it