Internet access out on the road

Hi guys, im not a computer freak & was just wondering how you guys get on the world wide web in your truck when your out on the road!!

3 mobile broadband for me :sunglasses:

renaultman:

Is that 1 of those usb thingys you plug in & are they any good■■?

tyler4164:

renaultman:

I’ve got the 3 one and I think it’s brilliant, although the vodaphone one has a higher quoted speed.

i’ve got vodaphone, plug in dongle thingy.

works very well 95% of the time. occasionally slow, but in the time i’ve had it approx 5 months, i’ve only had 1 time where i hvn’t been able too get online.

tyler4164:

renaultman:

I’ve got one , it’s good although don’t believe them when they tell you they connect at slow speeds outside the 3G area :wink: thw vodaphone one is better for that although it costs an extra fiver a month !!

There very good, very quick, just dont go abroad with a uk one :blush: :blush:

if you buy from 3 you have 3 days to see if it works and take it back and after that time your stuck to the contract trust me and then there reply is the address you gave has good coverage eh is it mobile or not ? well they say the addy you purchased it for has good reception tuff the worst customer service ever

i personally wouldnt top my phone up at 3 never mind anything else its a crap service

Say you have 3gb a month.How much of that would you actually use.
I browse alot of clips on youtube and sites like that.Would that monthly allowence soon be used up??

Tonyb

tonyb70:
Say you have 3gb a month.How much of that would you actually use.
I browse alot of clips on youtube and sites like that.Would that monthly allowence soon be used up??

Tonyb

My brother’s nicked mine, uses U tube a bit, and a bit of love music streaming, and hasn’t hit 1/2 a gig in a monthe yet

i have the 3 dongle on pay as you go and 3gb last me the month, if you do use 3gb you can just top it up.
one of our drivers has 02 and pays £20 a month for 3gb (but did hear it was going unlimited) and you use wifi in some services.
and he does get a better coverage.

tonyb70:
I browse alot of clips on youtube and sites like that.

Like Redtube? :laughing:

hi all
I have a 3 dongle and mobile so i get the broadband at 1/2 price
i chose the 1gb limit ( you can change up if you need more but you cant change down ) and have never come close to it
so in my opinion for £5 per month you cant go wrong

I used my mates 3 mobile internet for a week and was more than impressed so i went onto the 3 website and signed up for a year…i could have gone for pay as you go but i would have had to pay £40 for the modem so signing up for a year paying £15 a month for 3gb download a month…signed up on friday morning and the dongle arrived sat morning…

But maybe one downfall by not going pay as you go is that it states that if i go over my 3gb monthly allowence then for every 1 mb downloaded over my 3gb i will be charged 10p for each mb…i just have to keep an eye on my downloads…

can this be done through a mobile? im on tmob PAYG for the time being (going for a contract when the N96 comes out) which i use when im at work. £2.50 for 5 days unlimited browsing which i use for normal websites. obviously it would be far easier to browse with a full screen and keyboard/touchpad than it is with a mobile. i dont know how to go about connecting it up though

Don’t bother with trying to get your moby talking to your laptop. It’s a complete pain in the arse and will drive you nuts.

Get a 3G data stick that plugs in the USB or if you have a free expansion card slot, you could use that instead.

They seem to be giving away this stuff in the UK at the minute.

If you’re on the 3 network in these countries, Ireland, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Hong Kong and Austrailia you’ll be able to use your mobile broadband allowance just like in the UK.

This is taken from the FAQ’s on the back of my 3 bill this month.