Injuries..

Broke my arm and shattered my knee cap, and a couple fractured ribs- IT hurt but not as much as it was all caught on CCTV - much to the amusement of the yard staff . Loaded a tractair ( JCB with an air compressor on the back) onto the back of a beaver tail rigid . and jumped out the cab forgetting I was now 4 foot off the ground, Hit the side of the truck on the way down and yard guys reckon the spin and somersault was worthy of a 10/10- thank god there was no You Tube in those days - I would point out that the jumping out and even the fall wasn’t the problem, Hitting the ground at a rate of knots was- falling didn’t hurt it was the point I stopped falling that did the damage :open_mouth:

When handballing a load off waste paper bales off the side of my trailer, over forty years ago now, as I pulled a bale with both hands by the strapping, the strap broke and I sailed over the chock rail and was heading for a concrete floor head first, had the presence of mind to raise my arms up in front of my chest and face.
Knocked the wind out of me and took me an hour before I could stand up, but as an o/d at the time, had to pull myself together and crack on!
When doing m/e in the '70’s, saw a mate bogged down in the sand, had just the thing, forty foot steel tow rope, pulled him out no probs.
Was stowing the rope when a broken strand went through the side of my right index finder and tore it down to the bone from first joint to the tip.
No hospital within 500 miles, but came upon a medical centre at A’ra halfway up the taplinee where a Jordanian medical orderly stitched my finger, lasted me until I called at hospital in Belgrade to have the stitches taken out.

Broke my arm whilst doing some weekend work for a mate. The wind took control of the JCB door when I opened it to get in and bent it funny. It hurt a bit but not to much so carried on for an our or so until I hit a bump in the road an my arm just flopped. Docs reckon I broke it with the door and the jolt displaced it causing a 90degree forearm.

The worse I’ve seen though was a mate installing barbed wire fencing. The wire was wrapped so tight is sprang back hitting him direct in the eye which removed it from the socket. Needless to say he’s got a glass eye nowadays. Still makes me gip thinking about it.

Freight Dog:
This page things have elevated somewhat :laughing: . Wondering what page 3 will hold :astonished:

I got a pick of my arm from when I first got to AE but thought I would get put on pre mod if I posted it :laughing: