Incident: A14 shut

Just heard from one of our trunkers that the A14 is shut Westbound between J31 and J24 because of an incident. Lots of queueing traffic, sounds like an area to stay away from if you can. Just so you know …

This was taken from twitter earlier

Ouch. I hope lady luck was with him.

What in all that is holy did he hit?

Jesus wept, when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time don’t it.

No mention of the driver here.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/HGV-crash-closes-A14-westbound-20131101231456.htm

It doesn’t look like the kind of thing you walk away from though.

One of our Trucks and pleased to say the driver walked away with minor injuries… Don’t know how but phoned the gaffer after seeing this and he confirmed it and also was the drivers first night on for us.!! hope he done his lottery numbers… Before I get asked I don’t know any details about the accident.

Blimey :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’m amazed he came out of that with minor injuries. Glad he’s ok, there’s a tear in my eye for the shiny new XF though, still at least it wasn’t one of their loverly scania’s! :slight_smile:

Could you imagine that phone call after your first shift, err boss…

n17 trucker:
One of our Trucks and pleased to say the driver walked away with minor injuries… Don’t know how but phoned the gaffer after seeing this and he confirmed it and also was the drivers first night on for us.!! hope he done his lottery numbers… Before I get asked I don’t know any details about the accident.

Oh, that’s good news. Looks to me like he’s clobbered something on the hard shoulder. Whatever, I’m glad he got away with it.

n17 trucker:
also was the drivers first night on for us.!!

I imagine it may have been his last too.

m1cks:

n17 trucker:

He didn’t make the best first impression.

Contraflow:

m1cks:

n17 trucker:

He didn’t make the best first impression.

There’s an impression of something on the cab