Ieuan Williams Tippers. Anyone have any pics?

A vey old thread I know, but was wondering if anybody has a photo of their Merc 1748?

found this on the net of a volvo of theirs…

flickr.com/photos/merf29/5645924176/

Borrowed it for you from Merfyn Jones flickr site I hope he wont mind
5645924176_1e471612a6_z.jpg

Remember these used to carry out of my local Sand Quarry when I was a kid… Smart blue looking Volvo FL10 Bulker and I’m sure a an F10 artic aswell. Had pics somewhere but long gone :frowning:

Ieuan Garn? I’ve got a pic of me as a 10 yr old, 1987, with an F10/12 of his, will dig it out!

It was taken in his yard in Garndolbenmaen, we were camping on his land in a Caravan! Family holiday, truck driver style!!!

Hmm could be around 1987… Sure the F10/12 was a Eplate. The FL10 Bulker used to rattle its way upt Lloyds’s sand pit at what seemed like a 100mph back then. Always “wanted” a FL10 just like his :laughing:

Used to spend a lot of time truck watching as a kid up by Lloyds… Best one was the distant roar of Wimpeys Artic Roadtrains on its way with its Jake brake.

Also anyone have any pics A.D williams 4 legger Rigid Iveco tippers they ran?

No one?

Hi Welsh Flyer,
Do you mean Ieuan Williams from Llangurig. if you do I haven’t any pics, but could make enquiries.
Cheers Dave.

No Idea where they were from Dave. All I remember they were…I’m sure 2 shades of maybe? metalic blue with CYMRU across the visors. Used to come into the sand pit at Maes Mynnan.

Taken me a long time to find but here i am in 1987, aged just 9!

Sorry the pic is rubbish but my 11 year old bro took it!!

Hi Gaz,
Is it the Ieuan Williams from Llangurig in Powys, if it is, his brother Glyn still runs an eight wheeler tipper.
Cheers Dave.

Excellent!! Thats them… Smart looking trucks they had… Cheers!!!

Dave the Renegade:
Hi Gaz,
Is it the Ieuan Williams from Llangurig in Powys, if it is, his brother Glyn still runs an eight wheeler tipper.
Cheers Dave.

no that is a different Ieuan Williams. these came from Garndolbenmaen near Porthmadog. they had a few volvo f12 artics and an fl10 and a few scania 142’s. I remember seeing them on the road but havent got any pics.

Thought I had probably got the wrong one, can’t remember the one from Llangurig having artics, only rigid tippers.