How often does your firm replace its trucks

as a result of our new pending shift pattern i will be losing my truck .
not a problem, however we still have some 1995/1996 erf ec11,s in the fleet
that are due to retire anytime.
we were due to get some fm globeys but they have yet to be seen, infact the only new wagons we got are these

which are no good for nights out although very spacious.
i personally think that trucks in big fleets should be replaced about every 5 years. but ten years takes the mick.
however these erf,s are owned by the company as opposed to the mercs which are leased. so i suppose they are just getting there moneys worth.
what about your firm then :question:

When the ministry force us to :wink: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

simon

A few weeks ago i got out of a “G” plated Volvo FL6:17 into a “P” reg FL6:18 hows that for an upgrade ?----not.!!! i asked for am FM7 but got laughed at
cheers ,
roy…

roytheboy:
A few weeks ago i got out of a “G” plated Volvo FL6:17 into a “P” reg FL6:18 hows that for an upgrade ?----not.!!! i asked for am FM7 but got laughed at
cheers ,
roy…

To be perfectly honest i prefer the fl6 to the fm7 much easier to drive

simon

At the moment we have an 02 and w reg FM12’s, and an X reg FH globby that he has just bought.

My W reg should be changed in oct (finances permitting) for either a FH or FM globby, or a DAF CF Space cab. At the moment it will be a SH one, but if we get the rate rise we are expecting soon it may be a new one. The FH will prob be swapped the following year, then the 02, and then hopefully one each year.

Ive just started with this firm, Ive got a 52 Foden Alpha 450 XL, and its a cracker twin stacks light bars and aircon, fridge remote CD, alloys in fact, the lot, Im chuffed to death with it. He said to me I might be up for a brand new 500 Megaspace next year some time :open_mouth: , if the 2 coming in Sept are any good, (and as long as Im any good of course). So, it looks like every 2 or 3 years, according to that.

Mal that sounds a very nice looking truck,have you got any photos of it :slight_smile: :sunglasses:
.dave sorry for getting of the topic.

Mad, I’ll take a few and post them in the photos place if you like?

Ok thanks Mal,i will look forward to them, thanks again :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

My pleasuer Mad!

every 3years…but i just got a new MAN and its contracted for a 1year trial.had it 9months so far and it don’t look to good for MAN at the moment.

the volvo’s are due for changing in september. :laughing:

Never…we are still running Mack R models from 1972 :cry

Me and my buddy Don have the newest trucks in the fleet which are 2001 Mack CH’s

Bully

It just goes to show you how rugged a motor them old Mack’s are though Bully, a 72 doing bulker work, amazing, how many miles they done!

SimonRS2K:

roytheboy:
cheers ,
roy…

simon

:open_mouth: No-one in the right mind would prefer an FL6 to an FM7, what drugs are you on man :question:

It’s like saying you prefer an FL10 to an FM12 or FH12. Madness. Who can anyone like the FL6 :question: . There is nothing good about it :exclamation: . It is indeed the worst truck on British roads :open_mouth:

Every 45 years :laughing:
We just replaced 2 old Mack and a Frieghtliner with 3 brand new Columbias, my Volvo is only 3 years old, so I will have to wait for another 42 years. :laughing:

Rob K:
Madness. Who can anyone like the FL6 :question: . There is nothing good about it :exclamation: . It is indeed the worst truck on British roads :open_mouth:

I would have thought the few Ford cargo’s left there were the worse.

Rob K:

SimonRS2K:

roytheboy:
cheers ,
roy…

simon

:open_mouth: No-one in the right mind would prefer an FL6 to an FM7, what drugs are you on man :question:

It’s like saying you prefer an FL10 to an FM12 or FH12. Madness. Who can anyone like the FL6 :question: . There is nothing good about it :exclamation: . It is indeed the worst truck on British roads :open_mouth:

reasons i prefer the fl6

1. less gears when your doing multidrop round city centres the splitter box is a pain in [zb] the ratios are so close together you’re for ever up and down the box with the 6 speed fl6 just whack it in 2nd or 3rd and watch the ladies walk by :stuck_out_tongue:

2. from a lazy mans point of view the fl6 day cab is much easier to sleep in either legs up on the dash or lay right accross the cab :smiley:

3. to me the fl6 feels a lot more sturdy on the road the fm7 seems to wallow and sway all over the place.

The only good thing i will say about the fm7’s we have is they feel a lot fast and are 250bhp where as the fl220 (newer vervsion of the fl6) is like a stunned slug no pull at all.

Simon

My FL6 is too cramped for me, im 511" with a 44" waist and i just cant push the driving seat back far enough, even allowing for the cutaway in the bunk, and thats not wide enough either!!! The storage space is a joke. At least the scannie i used to drive had a dashboard wide enough to rest my telly on, but, alas , beggars can`t be choosers!
cheers
roy…