How long does data stay on the card

Winseers explanation of digicard workings left me with a mental picture.

It looked a bit like this

Noremac:
^^^^tosh

Data stays on the card until the physical capacity isn’t there and it gets overwritten. As a few have alluded to, the number of days will depend on how many entries are made per day.

That’s what I’ve just laid out!

“Physical Capacity” is what I’ve described as “28 slots” one for each seperate shift saved as a file occupying storage space of UPTO 24 hours worth at a time.
That means that if you got an infringement after hour 12 of your shift - the remnent of THAT will be on there for a rather long time too…

It won’t roll off - after a month of “not using your card”. Not ever.

njl:
Winseers explanation of digicard workings left me with a mental picture.

It looked a bit like this

this is actually quite a good description of how disk storage works…

I used to write disk control software back in the 1980’s before I was a driver, btw.
Wrote a technical manual on Western Digital disk controller hips indeed…
I continue to use the same terminology as I used back then, of course…

The card was designed to holds 28 days of average data, average data was deemed to be 93 activities per day, in reality that would be extremely high, but the card holds 93x28 activity changes, then when full it’ll overwrite the oldest data.

For most people that’s gonna be several months before it’s overwritten

Tachomaster does show data from a previous employer.

In my case, I can see the vehicle reg, drive time, work time, breaks etc from 18 months ago whilst at a previous employer.

Muddy K:
Tachomaster does show data from a previous employer.

In my case, I can see the vehicle reg, drive time, work time, breaks etc from 18 months ago whilst at a previous employer.

It will if you have downloaded the card whilst working there yourself.
I could not see the info from my previous employer once I started downloading my card myself at home when I was using it. I could only see the data from my current card and employer. All it said for shifts before I started downloading my card was worked elsewhere and how many infringements but no other data was available for the previous employer.

Although it’s my data technically so there should be no reason I could not ask for a copy of all my data from tachomaster.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk