How long do they last

drove a 955,000 52 plate scania and couldnt believe how well it drove which made me wonder how long do they last before there knackered :question: ta

Nice Milage :sunglasses:
They are build forever (nearly)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Depends on many things, such as:

Maintainence, kind of work used on, quality of drivers etc etc

I used to have 143 450 with 1.8 million on the clock :open_mouth: :wink:

and an awful lot more off it :wink:

Some of the volvos ive drove at our place pal are only 51 plates but some have been round the clock twice and still drive nice and tight like.
They certainly are built to last.

i know of a guy that run’s an old s reg (first time round )merc on boxes admitedly it now only does locals but it used to go all over the place

catclan:
Some of the volvos ive drove at our place pal are only 51 plates but some have been round the clock twice and still drive nice and tight like.

■■? that’s 6500km per week

biggusdickusgb:

catclan:

6 years old divide by 1,000,000km = approx 167,000km per year

divide by 50 weeks = approx 3350 kms a week

divide by 5 days = 670 kms a day :wink:

I think :blush: but it’s late and my head hurts so :smiley:

montana man:

biggusdickusgb:

catclan:

6 years old divide by 1,000,000km

Round the clock twice he said.

montana man:

biggusdickusgb:

catclan:

divide by 5 days = 670 kms a day :wink:

I think :blush: but it’s late and my head hurts so :smiley:

read his post again, then double your figures

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

biggusdickusgb:

catclan:

6 years old divide by 1,000,000km

Round the clock twice he said.

OOOOPPsss see above re head hurting :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

that’s my excuse and I am stickin’ to it :wink:

But if they are double shifted 6/7 days a week it’s do able I was conservative in my estimation :wink: [/i]

Got a 1986 142 Scania thats still going strong and passed its MOT last week.

Walkers crisps are all mega mileage but they are driven well (have a system that detects over revving, idling etc) and the loads are 3-4t max. Lots of empty running as well.

The T reg I had today has 442999 on the clock at the end. So assuming that is nearly 1.5million

When I am consulting Scania and the others (if pushed) will offer a 1 million km guarantee on certain parts.

All of our motors are double shifted and the one I do Friday night Brighton trunk,a 54 reg, has clocked over half a million klicks up to now.Most of the fleet are MB Axors,1843’s,down plated to 28 tonnes for parcels.

The 03 plate Scania I drive each day will reach 700,000 Kilometres next week. Some of the other 03’s are already past 700,000, I think a couple are now over 720,000.

biggusdickusgb:

catclan:

assuming that 6500 is correct & assuming double shifted 7 days a week, its around 285 miles per shift… not a lot.

Coffeeholic:
The 03 plate Scania I drive each day will reach 700,000 Kilometres next week. Some of the other 03’s are already past 700,000, I think a couple are now over 720,000.

Our AY03s are at about 750000 on average.

And, as much as it pains me to say it - feel ‘tighter’ than our AY55 Actros with half that on the odo. :blush:

But - I think that is partly down to the fact that we have an excellent Scania dealer. My thoughts about our local M-B dealer are not suitable for this forum!! :imp:

We have some 53 plate artics which have 3 drivers (2 days and a night) and they have gone past 660000km, but they are knackered because they are worked hard. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

ay up chaps just finished another 4 day shift and the vehicles in question are ran 24 hrs 7 days. :slight_smile:

Not going to quote anyone because a few have had a shot at this,
Round the clock twice and it does only work out at around 285 ish a shift but the motors run 2 shifts a day and it all adds up.

when i worked for Stiller’s i had a 51 plate Scania last year and that had done 780k and still drove nice even though it had been carrying steel for years

The FH12 I was driving when trunking the fish was an 06 and had over 245,000 k on the clock. We were double manned at night, and ran about 700k a night, 5 nights a week. Plus it did about 350k on days, 5 days a week.
Only been through 3 clutches too … :open_mouth: