How do you post a picture?

Sorry to be a thicko but can someone tell me what steps I have to do to post a picture on the forum.

Thanks

CW

The best way to get pics posted is to start by creating an account with one of the photo hosting sites such as

photobucket.com

This will enable you to upload photos there in the first place. With most of these, you’ll then find that each uploaded photo has some text underneath - and you can copy this text into the post you create on tnuk.

The format you have to have is

followed%20by%20the%20location%20of%20the%20picture…followed%20by

You’ll prob have to play around a bit first but this will make a picture appear in your post.

Good luck!

Thanks for that :smiley:

is another pic storage site. (Click on it :laughing:)

Both of these sites are intended for exactly this job, among others.
So both make posting pics extremely easy.

Next to each pic in an Image Cave album there are four boxes.
The first is the straight URL for your pic.
The second is the HTML code to put on a web page for a link to your pic.
The third is the EZCode (easy code) link and is for putting in forum posts. It already has the and tags in it.
The forth is a Thumbnail link, its in HTML and puts a thumbnail of your pic onto a webpage which is a link to the full size pic.
Obviously you use the EZCode, just click in the box, which highlights it, then copy and paste the contents into your post.

Photo Bucket has very similar functions, but I use Image Cave (purely because thats the first one I was told about) so I’m not sure what labels they use for them.
Both sites also have a suite of tools which can do things like resize an image, rename it, etc. A good size for posting a pic in forums is 800 x 600 pixels. Any wider than 800 and they make the whole of that page wider, so we have to scroll the page from side to side all the way down to read it. It’s rather a nuisance :open_mouth: .

alternatively u put a stamp on it go to the post office and send it to where u want it to arrive to :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: