How do you find Loads in UK and Europe?

Hello everyone,

A little bit about myself. I used to work few years in USA for transport company as a planner. My main job was finding loads across US for lorry drivers ( each planner had around 10 lorry drivers and all trucks were privately owned by drivers). The company which I worked for was like middleman between a customer and a driver. There were few platforms (websites) in US similar to Ebay where customers were putting different loads which they needed to move.

Questions: Do you guys have something similar here in UK or Europe? How do you find loads? Do you do it by yourself or you hire someone to help you out and then you pay commission?

Thanks all for your input!!!

Having just watched the Dragons Den I find your question interesting,’ How do you find loads in the UK and Europe’.Well it’s really dificult,you go on to Google and write in Loads in the UK and the list is massive and I didn’t even try Loads in Europe so I won’t be investing in you.Hang on just pinged on ’ Truck loads in Europe’ there’s
thousands of sites,go away and rephrase your question like…which of the tens of thousands of sites advertising loads actually pay’.

Armagedon:
Having just watched the Dragons Den I find your question interesting,’ How do you find loads in the UK and Europe’.Well it’s really dificult,you go on to Google and write in Loads in the UK and the list is massive and I didn’t even try Loads in Europe so I won’t be investing in you.Hang on just pinged on ’ Truck loads in Europe’ there’s
thousands of sites,go away and rephrase your question like…which of the tens of thousands of sites advertising loads actually pay’.

Just to clarify to everyone, I am not trying to find any investor here. All I am trying to find is the understanding how the system works!!!

There are some return load web sites but most are rubbish bar one or two maybe, we’re probably not as organised as the yanks on the freight front and it’s mostly organised on the phone or you can use a freight forwader to try and get you re loads.

syva:
Hello everyone,

A little bit about myself. I used to work few years in USA for transport company as a planner. My main job was finding loads across US for lorry drivers ( each planner had around 10 lorry drivers and all trucks were privately owned by drivers). The company which I worked for was like middleman between a customer and a driver. There were few platforms (websites) in US similar to Ebay where customers were putting different loads which they needed to move.

Questions: Do you guys have something similar here in UK or Europe? How do you find loads? Do you do it by yourself or you hire someone to help you out and then you pay commission?

Thanks all for your input!!!

try returnloads. net or haulage exchange, these are the best two for uk work but you must subscribe to both sites

You have for Europe, Teleroute and Timocom plus a company in Romania called Barsa Transport whom are loading systems for both people looking to have loads moved and hauliers looking for loads, but you have to pay !! if you are a haulier.

Regards

JJSL

Any of these sites any good for northern ireland? I regulaly return empty. Will be returning empty this monday from scotland in a 15ton 26foot box

Also is there any chance of a free trail of these sites as dont want to sign up if there isnt many loads to n.ire

Thanks