Horsepower race - bit petty?

got an email from volvo yesterday trumpeting their new FH16 700 model - just to get 20hp back on MAN or what?

I can’t see a reasonable arguement for it with the 660 existing already :confused:

Going by what the Volvo website says it’s got fancy new bits to the engine making it more powerful and a bit greener so it’s not just power

Come on Mercedes and Scania who’s gonna break the thou mark first :sunglasses:

jj72:
got an email from volvo yesterday trumpeting their new FH16 700 model - just to get 20hp back on MAN or what?

I can’t see a reasonable arguement for it with the 660 existing already :confused:

Its a load of bollox, I had 150 bhp at 32 tons, BUT, would havew wanted a 100000000 bhp, kids are always ■■■■■■ in the head aint they I was no different! :smiley:

Horsepower isn’t everything, it’s torque too.

It’s a marketing thing as much as anything, being able to say you make the most powerful production truck available in the UK looks good in adverts and in leaflets.

Paul

well i wouldn’t say no to one…watch for scania’s 710bhp next :bulb: :question: :laughing:

andy bilton:
well i wouldn’t say no to one…watch for scania’s 710bhp next :bulb: :question: :laughing:

Nah, I reckon Hino will bring out a 750 horse tractor unit :smiley:

repton:
It’s a marketing thing as much as anything, being able to say you make the most powerful production truck available in the UK looks good in adverts and in leaflets.

Paul

Its worked to, theres seven postsv above me talking and thinking about Volvo’s :laughing:

The volvo 16 litre has been upgraded to Euro 5 thats why the power was increased.

ellies dad:
Come on Mercedes and Scania who’s gonna break the thou mark first :sunglasses:

Too late, Svempas has been there, done that!

svempas.se/showe.html

if you remap a 580 then peek power output goes to 750 :wink: :wink: