Horseboxes

muckles:

ROG:

muckles:
I doubt VOSA are to worried about a few rossette winning people owning horse boxes, othewise they are never going to have enough time to actually do anything else. Because it won’t just be horseboxes, guys that go banger racing often use 7.5 tonne trucks, Amatuer motor racing loads of people with 7.5 tonne trucks. So as long as the truck isn’t used for in conection with a business then I doubt it really comes under and O Licence.

I know 7.5 tonners are exempt from the tacho regs if private but are they also exempt O licence regs as well :question: :question:

No anything over 3.5 tonne needs an O licence and tacho is operated commercially.

Thanks - I’m not up on these things as I do not have Operator CPC.

howatsi:
If it for hire and reward you will also need a certificate of competency for equine transport and also the box will need to be checked by DEFRA, so I’ve been told :confused:

the box won’t need to be checked unless you’re doing journeys of over 8 hours

ROG:

muckles:
I doubt VOSA are to worried about a few rossette winning people owning horse boxes, othewise they are never going to have enough time to actually do anything else. Because it won’t just be horseboxes, guys that go banger racing often use 7.5 tonne trucks, Amatuer motor racing loads of people with 7.5 tonne trucks. So as long as the truck isn’t used for in conection with a business then I doubt it really comes under and O Licence.

I know 7.5 tonners are exempt from the tacho regs if private but are they also exempt O licence regs as well :question: :question:

if they’re Private -------YES