Honest John.... Again!

Why is our image and profession hated by so many car drivers?
Apparently were all “pigs” and should be “blown up in a motorists jihad” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Not all motorists hate us, just some who are ignorant to the job we do and what we have to put up with.

Blocking a lane 3 miles before the cones is a bit much though. He must have upset alot of fellow road users!

Agreed tim. He was a ■■■! But we aren’t ALL like that are we.
10 car drivers chop you up-no one blinks
1 truck makes a stupid manoeuvre and we all get tainted!

What the truck driver did was wrong, and it’s no wonder his behaviour upset people. If they wanted the traffic to merge two miles earlier, they would have put the cones two miles further back. There’s no point in pretending that we are all perfect- I get just as annoyed travelling the entire length of the M26 in my car behind two duelling trucks on the speed limiter.

Most people on that thread have made the point that just as not all Irishmen are navvies and not all Muslims are terrorists, so not all truck drivers drive aggressively.

And now the thread has been locked,in a typical way by the mods on the site.

Always the same when there is a counter argument on that site,as I have noticed,and commented on before.

Ken.

Quinny:
And now the thread has been locked,in a typical way by the mods on the site.

Yes, the Honest John Moderator said

This thread is obviously attracting posters from other sites now.

Who could he have been referring to? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can never be bothered with that forum , it’s more or less full of ignorant and arrogant pricks .
Let them get on with it .

Theres some really interesting posts on there. Its just a shame about some of the posters attitudes but that's life. Maybe if there weren't so many idiots on the roads.. in TRUCKS as well as cars wed have less friction

got a good idea lets all go up outside lane

I only read half-way…got bored.

Stan

and thats why britain will always be anti truck .no were not all like that but one driver does summat silly and a numpty car driver puts it on the net and suddenlly all truck drivers are tared with the same brush. :unamused: i give up long ago worrying about what car drivers thought of me/truckers we,ll never change there minds about what they think about us so why bother trying :unamused:

I just overheard a bloke in my local slagging truck drivers off too. He had been on a christmas booze collection to Calais.

Anyway he was almost wiped out 3 times by foreign trucks. I suggested that it might be time to have a look at his own driving skills before tarring all the foreigners or left hookers with the same stuff.

He wasnt impressed and had read in the Guardian that we work 23 hours a day while using drugs.

It is the only way to pay for them :stuck_out_tongue:

He wasnt impressed and had read in the Guardian that we work 23 hours a day while using drugs

bloody typical of the guardian, i told them that i work 22 hours a day, good god reporters eh?.. :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
…and had read in the Guardian that we work 23 hours a day while using drugs…

Oh I see. I have to work for £6.50 an hour for an agency and all you class one drivers are on 23 hour shifts AND they give you free drugs. Life’s not fair :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: How badly misinformed are the minions!!! Hope you told him what a [zb] he was even thinking such a thing and that if driving a [zb] C+E is so [zb] easy why hasn’t he done it?! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: