Hijack/ Kidnap? West Brom

Back at home now after being hijacked in Warley yesterday morning at 0400. Bundled into the boot of a mondeo and then abandoned on a housing estate in West Brom in underwear and clogs, why couldn’t I get a lift do you think? A Sikh hgv driver did right and helped. The unit and load are long gone, but apparently the unit has been found covered in fire extinguisher powder.Take care when parking in the west midlands overnight and don’t get out of the cab unless the police are there with warrant cards. According to the CID there have been three hijack/kidnaps in the last five days. Perhaps they are shopping early for Christmas.

Glad to hear you’re OK Dennis, sounds like a nightmare.

well im glad that your back home maybe a bit shaken but ok, must have been a bit cold in just your shreddys.

can you explain a bit about how you became hijacked as a warning. you didnt get out your cab at 4am to tackle them did you :question:

Gald to hear you are OK

Terrible experience Dennis, but at least you are ok and thats the most important thing, trucks can be replaced.

Tiger.

Glad your ok

Regards
Paul

bloody hell that sounds horrific! bet your shaken and stirred. bit cold to be prancing around in your undies eh! where abouts in warley was it? thats not a million miles from me.

GLAD YOUR OK

THAT’S ANOTHER PLACE I WONT BE PARKING IN

I cant even think what was going through your mind stuck in the back of that car the robbing ■■■■■■■■ are uping there game, as most of us are heading for a bleak christmas (poxey suits stuffed us all)

glad to hear that you are alright and at home now i hope here get the B :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad to hear your ok it could of been alot worse

Josh

Bigdennis, I understand if you cannot answer.
were you carrying high value etc?
If this question causes any problems , please ignore it.

that time of year again , glad youre ok hope the boss gives you a bit downtime with pay.

Glad to hear your ok if a little shaken.

Knock on the door at 0400, guy in high vis cvoat, tells me he is security and that they have seen on camera that someone has been tampering with my container, an easy load 20’. I had parked in Pope Street, off Middlemore Road right next to Calor Gas ,and a camera location on purpose.

I got out of the cab to check the curtains and the bollt seal, and when I got to the back of the trailer they came boiling out of the car.

Needless to say, no more getting out until I have got the bobbies at hand. Thanks for all the good wishes.

yes your quite right,It is that time of the year for aspiring young cowboys who seem to think a forty foot trailer [curtainside] looks distinctley like a steam loco. I live in minworth north b’ham and I can tell you this ,do not stop or park up anywhere on the A38 from lichfield to salford circus [M6 J6] as it is fast becoming a hi-jack capital of the uk especially around the Fort near the old Dunlop. we are aware of these hot spots but our foreign cousins are not. All plant and diesel thefts are up so keep your electricals under your bunk lads
ps… anyone interested in… joke

Sorry to hear about that bd :open_mouth: at least you’re in one piece. I,m sure the RHA will be making a statement about this asap as they have the best interests of 500,000 drivers at heart !

mucksavaga:
yes your quite right,It is that time of the year for aspiring young cowboys who seem to think a forty foot trailer [curtainside] looks distinctley like a steam loco. I live in minworth north b’ham and I can tell you this ,do not stop or park up anywhere on the A38 from lichfield to salford circus [M6 J6] as it is fast becoming a hi-jack capital of the uk especially around the Fort near the old Dunlop. we are aware of these hot spots but our foreign cousins are not. All plant and diesel thefts are up so keep your electricals under your bunk lads
ps… anyone interested in… joke

I was round by Fort Dunlop today and they have signs up warning about hi jackers at work

had to take a load of diesel to one of our drivers who had parked up there last night and had his diesel stolen , gits had drilled a hole in the tank to bypass the anti syphon thing

Hope your ok Dennis,forget about the police carrying weapons,sign for your Tachos and delivery notes and sign out Browning 9 mill and 13 rounds.

well dennis i think in that situation we would have all done the same thing as you, glad your home safe and sound. :open_mouth:

Just got home, sorry I couldn’t post sooner, Den. :cry:

Was horrified to hear what had happened, mate, and glad you got out of it in one piece. No load’s worth that. Everyone’s been thinking of you at work, hope we’ll see you back soon. (((HUGS)))

Ps. I know Paddy’s been wondering how you’re doing, but unable to ring you due to the obvious lack of phone on your part. If you want to PM me for his number so you can get in touch, feel free. Take care.