High in Ireland

Our glorious leader [respect!!!] is planning on us taking over our Irish work from the subbies.Only problem is , he wants it done on the 15foot 9inch trailers.The ever gracious boss says it`ll be ok -im not convinced and it looks like im to be first out. Help anyone■■?

Like the UK, the Republic of Ireland do not have a height limit.

I was in Dublin docks this week and saw some of those high Argos trailers in there that had been shipped over unaccompanied.

Watch out for tunnel by dublin docks. Can’t remember exact height but it is quite low.

Anyone know the height of the tunnels near Hollyhead…?

The new tunnel in Dublin which is due to open in September and through which ALL hgv traffic will have to travel between 0700 - 1900 has a height of 4.0 metres, thanks to the German engineer/designer :unamused:

Harry - re: the tunnels on the way to Holyhead - I go along there regularly and I haven’t seen any height restrictions ( mind you I have booked an appt at the opticians :wink: ) so I presume that they are the same as motorway bridges ie: minimum of 16ft 6 inches. Hope this helps.

penfold Its OK, its not me thats going. I am just trying to help the driver that started this thread. I remember the arch in Conway…Snug. When I was doing Ireland I met a NZ guy driving mega-cubes for Rutges UK Airfreight. He was jacking in & going back to NZ. He was disgusted by his mates. Rutges paid extra for the drivers to go around the A5 because they were too high for Conway . He worked out that if he dropped the suspension he could get under Conway & still get the bonus. Told his mates. A jobs-worth told Rutges & that was the end of that… :frowning:

Thanks all for the info on Ireland. Weve passed it on to his nibs in a forcefull way.Thanks Penfold for the note on the new tunnel,4.8 meters wont go throu4.0.

motorhead:
Thanks all for the info on Ireland. Weve passed it on to his nibs in a forcefull way.Thanks Penfold for the note on the new tunnel,4.8 meters wont go throu4.0.

Even 4.0 metres won’t go through it at the moment, it doesn’t open until September. :wink: :smiley: You’ll be OK with that trailer over there.

isn’t there a height restriction on the ferry over to Ireland? 4.5m if I remember correctly

the height on the ferries is 5.0m the new port tunnel will have a working height of 4.6m day time hgv ban in the city is for 5 or more axles. So a 4 axle/lift axle raised artic can still drive through city :confused: . this is the usual crap our department of transport comes up with. They thought by banning 5 axles artic’s would use tunnel and rigids the city :unamused: . like banning psv/hgv from outside lane on motorway’s like trailers in the UK but they hadn’t considered the fact we only have two lane’s not three :angry: :exclamation: .