HGV trade plate driving

I’ve read through a few older threads about trade plating, and they’re informative. But some say hitch-hiking isn’t the way anymore.

I’m just wondering, can anybody shed any light on what the job is like in 2024?

I’ve seen this job, and just wonder what it’s like.

They say days to suit. Would these companies entertain someone who wants to work just 3 consecutive days a week? Or do they really want you out mon-fri?

I used to work for them (but as a car trade plate driver) so have some insight. PM me if you want to ask any specific questions, although the “heavies” (as we called them) would be better on the nitty gritty details.

Just a thought for you, With so many company policies being that no unauthorised passengers permitted, your pool,or potential lifts has been dramatically reduced

That job is more vehicle lease returns condition assessor and inspector for driver money.
Would be better to look for what vehicle rental firms call fleet driver work if you can get it.
Or other similar jobs doing online sales deliveries/PEX collections and inter dealership movements around the country.
The condition and valuation assessment is their job not mine and is between them and the customer nothing to do with me.
Trade plates are only needed for around 20% of the jobs at most.
All public transport or taxi fares paid and travelling time.