HGV drivers to get increase in overnight subsistence rates

yorkshire terrier:
we only get 19 pound overnight money think we must be one the lowest in the industry…

Almost as low as my £15.

newey91:

yorkshire terrier:
we only get 19 pound overnight money think we must be one the lowest in the industry…

Almost as low as my £15.

Who you work for travel Europe.

robinhood_1984:

Saaamon:

Pat Hasler:
You are lucky to get anything LOL
I only know of one company that pay’s ‘Layover’ or as you put it ‘Night out subsistance’ in this country.
Our company will issue a $100.00 comcheck if we are stuck out for a 34 hour re-set somewhere but they don’t actually tell us if that’s a payment or just an advance to help out ?
I can spend 5 nights in my truck and get nothing for it.

At least you have a decent bit of space and have access to good services.

No he doesnt, he’s in a poxy small cab and always stuck in NYC or arguing with Vermont coppers!! :laughing: :laughing:

We dont get night out money here but in Canada (same in the US, Pat?) we get a huge tax return at the end of the year which is calculated by the number of nights away from home, among other things. Last month I got almost $4000 back for 2012 for example.

When you say small do you mean something twice the size of an man xxl/daf superspace lol?

That headline is at best misleading. All that has happened is the amount that a driver can be paid tax-free has increased (by a small amount). I daresay that close to 100% of employers won’t be paying any more than they already do. So at the end of the day, the drivers will still be paid exactly the same amount, the employers will be paying out exactly the same amount and the taxman will be getting almost the same amount. Big fat hairy deal.