help/advice

hi , im 24 and live in somerset , i know most of you are going to tell me im wasting my time and all that but im determind not to be beaten , i am looking for a company to help me with my funding with my hgv , ive got my provisional and have been shunting and learning for the last 2 years i cant seem to get anybody interested, all i want to do is drive , ive watched my family do it and its kind of in the blood , surely there has to be some drivers who still have a passion for it ?

im young eager and willing , i want to be away sunday to friday wherever it takes me i dont mind its just what i wanna do

please i ask for any help/suggestions that might lead me closer to seeing my dream become my living

cheers

Hutch

Unless you are already working for a LGV company in another capacity and they offer to train you up then getting one to do so is as likely as seeing a blue moon

have you tried Wisemans Dairies ?

they have done training for young drivers and apprenticeships

their website says

Learning and Development
A key attribute of the Company’s continued success is the philosophy of encouraging employee development programmes and promotion from within. The Company focus on the provision of both internal and external training initiatives, examples include Institute of Leadership and Management training and Modern Apprenticeship schemes for Young Drivers. The Company are proud to have trained the youngest LGV C+E driver in the UK.

wiseman-dairies.co.uk/contac … workplace/

Or you could do what most of us have had to do save up & pay for self to go through it

Your too young for most companies to take you on in the first place, let along someone paying for your test and then giving you a job. Those days are well and truly over.

Hi
there is a thread on here some where called stobbart apprenticeships a couple of lads on here are on it at the moment i think … if you are out of work ask job centre about LVP funding ( low value precurment ) .but that takes ages and you will get the trainer they choose and may travel miles to train …best of luck … :slight_smile: