Hell

Ok, so i have to go into Hell (London) tomorow. I will be driving an 18 ton at 12Ft 9Inches tall. I always treat it as 13Ft. I have to go from Hanbury Road E1 to Charlton. Am i right in believing i can use the Blackwall Tunnel southbound. And is the height for the middle of the tunnel. Thanks

calm down its only London

12ft 9 or 13ft can go north or south through tunnel.

Yes you can use the tunnel .The height is 15.6 inches .The other
way is 13.0 inches for the inside lane middle of tunnel has long poles hanging down.

Woolwich Ferry is another option, if all the Cockneys decide to ‘■■■■’ the Tunnel up !

tortoise:
…Am i right in believing i can use the Blackwall Tunnel southbound. And is the height for the middle of the tunnel.

I’m taking a wild guess that you’ve not been through it before :smiley:

Left lane both ways, you won’t be able to drive through the middle (or the right lane!) without smacking the poles and setting the alarms off.
Just chill out, go with the flow and ignore the idiots.

Why do drivers add an extra 3 inches for bridges? That sort of behaviour could see the wife divorce you and your “7” inches :laughing:

martinviking:
Woolwich Ferry is another option, if all the Cockneys decide to ‘■■■■’ the Tunnel up !

Good option you can pick up the duty free allowance as well its all good

bjd:

martinviking:

& fish for Cockles if your quick. Lol.

Thanks for the replies. So going south through the Blackwall tunnel in the left hand lane is fine.

tortoise:
Thanks for the replies. So going south through the Blackwall tunnel in the left hand lane is fine.

Yep, as said going North is 13ft, so you’re still ok.

bjd:

martinviking:

Don’t forget to check for illegals trying to enter North of the Thames from the South.