Having a laugh or what

ADR Network

LGV - Class 2 drivers looking for a career driving Class 1 vehicles

Job description

Are you a Class 2 driver looking for a career driving Class 1 vehicles?

LGV Training Network will put you through your Class 1 licence and place you inot Class 1 work.

At a cost of just £1098 (inclusive of VAT), you can be driving Class 1 trucks within weeks.

Typical Class 1 earnings compared to Class 2 will more than cover your test costs in just 26 weeks.

We coach you into your new Class 1 role to ensure you have a successful Class 1 career.

Call Carly now on

Do I detect a hint of desperation in that wording? Struggling for intake of paying customers, perhaps? Not a particularly competitive price and liberally sprinkled with false promises. I`ll bet Carly is nowt more than a tele-sales bimbo. :confused:

What annoys me is job centeplus let it be advertised !!!

topmixer11:
What annoys me is job centeplus let it be advertised !!!

That’s the Government’s job website and they allow this type of thing to be advertised so that they can say “See? There are jobs out there but people are too lazy to do them”.

Sadly, many people, including many on here, fall for it hook line and sinker.

They dont say whether the £1098 includes the cost of the test or not.Class 1 seems to pay about £3.00 more per hour and without 2 years blah blah.the maths just dont work.

3 quid an hour more. You’re right about the maths not working.
I’ve applied for 2 class 2 jobs in ha last few weeks and both pay more than I’m currently getting for Class 1 on agency

Class 2 work is generally harder than class 1 so I’m not surprised clued up folk pay more for it to get a grafter rather than a shyster.

Silver_Surfer:
Class 2 work is generally harder than class 1 so I’m not surprised clued up folk pay more for it to get a grafter rather than a shyster.

If the wages were the same or very close, I’d choose easier work, but when the rigid pays more than the artic, then even if some graft is required it’s still a no-brainer to me.

I’m optionally lazy, but have no reason to be a lazy goit, so I am capable and willing to work hard, just choose not to if I can avoid it :grimacing: