Has anybody got the ecotaxe box yet?

In which case they are breaking a treaty in Brittany ,as when Anne Duchess of Brittany married King Charles V111 of France ,it was declared that no resident of 22,29,35 and 56 would have to pay any taxes to travel in Brittany hence no toll roads.

Edit to add King /Queen names.

kerbut:
In which case they are breaking a treaty in Brittany ,as when Anne Duchess of Brittany married King Charles V111 of France ,it was declared that no resident of 22,29,35 and 56 would have to pay any taxes to travel in Brittany hence no toll roads.

Edit to add King /Queen names.

Exactly , hence why this is getting rather nasty in Brittany , lets just hope tye action spreads.
I see another overhead gantry was demolished/pulled down this weekend, I think that makes 5 gone out of the original 14 put in place

One burnt to the ground this weekend, they are now being guarded by the flics.

It’s spreading.

Here is the latest from the BBC

Sign on the wall at work tonight . . . (no point wasting the driver trainer’s time!)

Pleased to be pulling a fridge with this plate on the back:

~ Craig

pierrot 14:

JB:
Some interesting reading there (thanks to google translate!)
Frenchmen annoyed because foreign trucks dont have to pay “axle tax”… welcome to our world !!!

No… French hauliers annoyed at the fact that a tax has been imposed on them, by the Sarkosy regime that will cost them 6 cents per kilometer every time they use a National or non-tolled Autoroute!!!

I can’t argue with that your right.
But there are quite a few comments on the article by French drivers along the lines of “foreign trucks paying nothing to use our roads”
I know how they feel…

milodon:
see toby, when the point of a road tax in france and germany, the netherlands, poland, hungary etc is to get money from trucks that TRANSIT the country, not delivering, not picking up any cargo, the UK is either the recipient or consignor of the cargo on the lorries that use the motorways of the UK. so any tax levied on the foreign lorries will no doubt end up on your and your neighbours grocery bill. whereas, a truck heading from la coruna to dnipropetrovsk will not have any negative effect on the economy of france, whether it pays €0 or €1000 for the privilege of travelling through.

As far as i know they cant charge only the non GB truck if they decide to put some tax it would by paid by UK and EU trucks. I know from polish examples that tis tax is good as gold for goverment but polish trucks are taxed the same as any other non PL truck which transiting PL. Think when they decide to put some sort of tax on UK roads will be paid by GB and EU truck, as they will have to charge everyone evenly.

January 2015 at the earliest now.

i,ve heard ecotax is suspended/cancelled/wont happen too…apparently its dicrimanatary against hauliers not only foreign ones but they wanted the french companys to contribute too.so you can see thats gonna go down like the titanic.crack on as normal me thinks.

So is the EcoTaxe on or off?

Any news?

:question:

The situation is still exactly as stated in my previous post. (Caveat: I am currently in the UK visiting family so haven’t seen french news for a few days)

BarnetEngineer:
So is the EcoTaxe on or off?

Any news?

:question:

No-one knows for certain, but the general consensus here is that it’s dead in the water. For the minute our firm is keeping the wiring, box mounts, etc in the trucks, just in case, but they’re not wasting any more time/money fitting the equipment into new vehicles as they go on the road.

Knowing the pace at which things happen here we’ll probably have a better idea sometime mid 2014 I guess?

~ Craig

Once again the French transport fraternity has shafted the government and told them where to put their new legislation. Hopefully they, the government, will realise that this is a non starter and they , once again, cannot bully this industry.
Vive les Routiers ,

Joyeuse fetes, et bonnes sante pour la nouvelle annee :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

Just an update on this long dead post. The French government have agreed to pay compensation to the company who were going to collect this tax and also repayment for the gantries that will not now be used.

So that confirms it is completely dead in the water.