Has anybody got the ecotaxe box yet?

see toby, when the point of a road tax in france and germany, the netherlands, poland, hungary etc is to get money from trucks that TRANSIT the country, not delivering, not picking up any cargo, the UK is either the recipient or consignor of the cargo on the lorries that use the motorways of the UK. so any tax levied on the foreign lorries will no doubt end up on your and your neighbours grocery bill. whereas, a truck heading from la coruna to dnipropetrovsk will not have any negative effect on the economy of france, whether it pays €0 or €1000 for the privilege of travelling through.

Good points there Milodon,I won’t make a good M.e.p or M.p. :confused:

we got ours though euroshell. Its rubbish and doesn’t work at cee’s or pont tankerville

Mick 6527:
we got ours though euroshell. Its rubbish and doesn’t work at cee’s or pont tankerville

Tankerville always used to be the odd man out and wouldn’t accept our cards years ago. However as the EcoTax has been postponed, the machine probably doesn’t work yet anyway.

I hope you can see all of this picture. If not I will try to find the link. I was sent it in an email.

Wheel Nut:

Mick 6527:

Tankerville always used to be the odd man out and wouldn’t accept our cards years ago. However as the EcoTax has been postponed, the machine probably doesn’t work yet anyway.

It don’t work on the A85 at Tours as I found out this morning. There was a lot of honking going on behind me lol :blush:

ecotax postponed indefinitely, but according to the French PM not abandoned.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So all these gantries have been done for nothing… ( postponed ) :blush:

GBPub:
ecotax postponed indefinitely, but according to the French PM not abandoned.

It’s seems to be turning into a bit of a fiasco, so what’s the reason for the postponement this time?
And is it really postponed or will it ever happen if not somebody going to have to answer a few questions.

muckles:
It’s seems to be turning into a bit of a fiasco, so what’s the reason for the postponement this time?

Because of violent protests such as reported here.

Makes interesting reading, that article Heraultais. Seems like it got quite nasty during the day, with battles between the protesters and the gendarmes, even the CRS were called out and got involved.
I think that this will spread across France, nobody here wants this tax.
Allez les routiers !!! :smiley:

Is that official that it has been postponed indefinitely?

No, it is only postponed with no timescale stated.

Quick update for all concerned,…

The prime minister of France, Jean-Marc Ayrault, has announced the suspension of the “eco-taxe” until further notice, throughout France. He stated that this is a “postponement and not a cancellation”, but no future date has been set aside for the tax to be implemented.
He announced, in parliament, on Tuesday 29th October, the complete suspension, throughout France, of the eco-taxe, without giving any indication of a date for its implementation.

I’ll keep you posted

Suffice to say that when he made his announcement, the parliamentary members from Brittany, refused to attend. People here are saying that the protests by the Breton truckers and farmers are paying off.

He forgot in his announcement to mention it is going to cost the French government 300 million Euro,s in compensation to the company monitoring the gantry’s on their behalf.

Sounds like a political disaster, so what might happen? Massive concessions to the French haulage industry or the whole project canceled, with everybody trying to blame somebody else for it?

kerbut:
He forgot in his announcement to mention it is going to cost the French government 300 million Euro,s in compensation to the company monitoring the gantry’s on their behalf.

And not to mention, the cost of actually putting all the infrastructure in place. should it all go into a darken room, there will be the compensation to all the firms that have actually purchased the equipment for their trucks, ready for the start date. That could cost Hollande’s government a pretty penny.
And all to appease the Green lobby of the European parliament.

One of the overhead gantries at Pont de Buis is being taken down as I type as a symbolic gesture and to protect it after the violent protests.

Some interesting reading there (thanks to google translate!)
Frenchmen annoyed because foreign trucks dont have to pay “axle tax”… welcome to our world !!!

JB:
Some interesting reading there (thanks to google translate!)
Frenchmen annoyed because foreign trucks dont have to pay “axle tax”… welcome to our world !!!

No… French hauliers annoyed at the fact that a tax has been imposed on them, by the Sarkosy regime that will cost them 6 cents per kilometer every time they use a National or non-tolled Autoroute!!!