Great Bear

Hi Peeps,
Could you give me a heads up regarding Great Bear, what are they like to work/drive for, good trucks etc ?
Phil

philtvc65:
Hi Peeps,
Could you give me a heads up regarding Great Bear, what are they like to work/drive for, good trucks etc ?
Phil

I worked for Great Bear for 10 YRS as Depot Manager i know thats a lot different to being a driver, but if i did move back to the UK it would be the first firm a ring, all i can say is they were great to work for and was the best 10 yrs of my career

I worked for Great Bear on their Lever’s contract. Bit of a boring job but the firm are fine, reasonable tackle, well serviced and dead legal.

I see a lot of them up and down the A38 on a night. Clean looking newish motor’s and trailers. They also have the Michelin tyre contract and use some wagon and drags.

Pete Griff:
I worked for Great Bear on their Lever’s contract. Bit of a boring job but the firm are fine, reasonable tackle, well serviced and dead legal.

When did you work for them on the Lever ,s contract ?

Hi Guys,
Got an interview with Great Bear on Wednesday, crossed fingers. Any of their drivers or ex-drivers got any info about them and what they’re like to work for, what they look for on the assessment etc ? Any advice greatfully received.
Cheers,
Phil

Thread merged.

@ Boatchaser. I was on up until about 2005. I was on agency for em whilst I was at Uni doing a degree

Thanks for that guys, sound good to me so I’ll cross my fingers and if I’m with them on the 38 I’ll flash my lights or turn them back on :laughing: please see the other thread about putting your park break on :unamused:
Phil

Pete Griff:
@ Boatchaser. I was on up until about 2005. I was on agency for em whilst I was at Uni doing a degree

I was in charge of Newton from 1998 to 2007 i then left and moved to Calgary Canada , The firm i work for now is a bit bigger than Newton was Warehouse is 940,000 thats nearly just over 9 times bigger and our yard holds if all our trailers come home they don,t but if they did 1540, oh and there 53 ft long. But if i ever came back to the UK i,d get on the phone to David or Colin at Tattenhall