Grantham to Swindon?

Ok guys whats the best route?.

I,m thinking A1/ A43/ A34 /A420.

but im also thinking A607/A46/M1/A429?.

I need to be near the Honda plant.

Tiggz what route do you use to come up?.

I,m doing a Sunday night cos` im greedy and want the overtime :laughing: :sunglasses:

The A43, A34 is the route I would take if in a hurry.

go with the first choice

try a52 / a453/ m1/ a42/ m42 /m5 down to jnc11a for birdlip then a417 to swindon.

that way jammy your staying at a decent pace (unless paid by the hour :wink: )

jon

i’d stick with the 43/34/420

id go monday so i could spend more time at home with the kids,

Of course, we’re all forgetting that you can’t go down the 420 to Swindon from the 34 … :grimacing:

yes you can use 420 its only advisary to go via m4

Jonboy i am paid by the hour and its double bubble today so im not in any hurry i had thought of going via the A74 but they might get suspicious .

Oddsosdz the kids will be in bed when i set off,so it wont make any difference.

hitch:
yes you can use 420 its only advisary to go via m4

correct :wink:

ok well Jammy, they’ve finally sent you down to this dump!!! hehe

this is the way i would go, but obvioulsy it’s upto you whether or not you do go… takes two hours and it’s a nice enough jaunt

From Grantham depot get on the A1 heading north, pick the A52 and follow it to Bingham and pick the A46 up heading south. Follow the A46 all the way to the M1. Get on the M1 for one junction and pick up the M69. Follow the M69 and pick up the A46 round coventry, keep on the A46 all the way round to the M40 junction 15. Get on heading southbound until junction 9. Pick up the A34 until you get to oxford then jump on the A420 to swindon. (keep to the speed limits camera’s everywhere). You’ll come past a garage on your right a BP and a mini roundabout, go straight over. At next roundabout you want A419 north. Once on the 419 follow that until the roundabout. At the roundabout take the first exit and then take the first turning off left, through the traffic lights and at the next set of traffic lights turn left, take the next left and keep going and you can’t miss the depot, if you don’t stop you run straight into it! hehe

Quick printable version

A1 north to A52
A52 to A46 South
A46 South to M1 Junct 21a
M1 junct 21a to M1 junct 21 onto M69
M69 onto A46
A46 onto M40Junct 15
M40 Junct 15 to M40 Junct 9
M40 Junct 9 onto A34
A34 to A420

At first mini rounabout straight over, second roundabout head for A419 (second exit)North

At roundabout on A419 take first exit, take first left through traffic lights
Turn left and next set of traffic lights
Next left into stephenson road.

head straight for the barrier!

hehe

Alternatively, check your PM

Have fun and if ya get stuck ya know what to do!

Tiggz

oh and thats the first roundabout after the low bridge. just outside of swindon

the fosse way is the quickest, but it takes longer, if you get my drift :stuck_out_tongue:

Its a good road if you dont get held up and can keep moving. A lot better on a bike though. up and down rather than side to side :laughing:

tiggz:

That low bridge isn’t that low :exclamation: I have taken a 15’6" under ir at speed :sunglasses:

Pat Hasler:

tiggz:

That low bridge isn’t that low :exclamation: I have taken a 15’6" under ir at speed :sunglasses:

bet you inhaled â– â–