Got a new truck (Short Diary)

Got a new truck on Wednesday, when I say new, it is a 07 reg FH12 Globetrotter, but new to me. Someone on here may recognise the registration as a one they once drove as it is one of four ex Volvo rental motors our place has bought.

On Monday, had to clear out my old Scania pictured here, been a good truck to me but only 2 axles so got a bit worrying sometimes with axle weights.

Tuesday, messed around the yard doing odd jobs which included taking a rigid day motor to the scrappy.

Then loaded my new truck with a replacement for one of our rigids that had an argument with a tree in Epsom.

Couldn’t go until the next morning as the tax didn’t start till then, so a 4am start was in order. Got to Epsom in reasonable time as I discovered the new truck was governed to 85kmph. Two are and two aren’t, but the slow ones have the nicer trim. Swopped trucks after removing a log out of the front of the rigids box which was sticking up about a foot!! This would have put me at 17ft which is not good.

Stopped at the Super Sausage at Northampton that night and went for a few with one of our drivers.

Dropped that at the yard and picked a trailer up for Sunbury. Waited ages to be tipped and then sent to North East London to load for back home. Stopped beside Canutes yard for the night and backed the trailer into a big pool of water to discourage opportunist slashers.

Got back Saturday morning and on holiday now for a week!

Overall thoughts on the new truck. Love the i-shift and loads of power (up to 52mph!). A bit less storage than the Scania as the bunk is fixed and my fridge is going to have to go on the passenger footwell but the big side lockers make up for some of the lost room. Truck staying white until the bodyshop has room to do it.

Nice truck, I-Shift really is easy peasy to work and excellent when reversing don’t you find. Many k’s on the clock? I was going to guess ex Innovate but there’s no orange bits on it lol

Scrapped that Merc, surely exportable to Africa.

Tidy FH & Good pics.

Yes, 3 trucks to recyclers, 1 merc and two MANs, all destined for Africa, probably in Tilbury next week!

Volvo has 170k on the clock, inside as new.

Looks like an ex BRS truck that was poss used by Yearsley Hams Hall…But all in all a lovely truck.

Anice read with some great pictures as well thanks a lot
for posting the write up,

bowserman, I notice in the last picture you’re pulling a Stelrad trailer. I was in there myself on Friday night (Mexborough). By the way the volvo is one of the best trucks I have ever driven, better than the Scania IMO

spot on bowserman,good read and pics.
i personally preferred the i shift to the as tronic.
how did he hit a tree?
are you ever going to go back on the “vm” side,or do you prefer the general now.must admit,the extra room appeals a lot when you"ve been used to the “rabbit hutch”.

Alreet Buck, no, not going back to VM. Had the opportunity about 6 weeks ago but declined the offer, used to the easy life now. Financially worse off, but money isn’t everything. No worries about low trees now(apart from pic above!!!) damage and walking around for hours at car auctions looking for cars that won’t start. Pull up, open the curtains (or back on a dock if you are lucky) and let some one else do the work.

Woody, we pull out of Stelrad and was heading there on Friday myself but run out of time. :smiley:

nice diary mate :sunglasses:

Good diary, the new ones look very clean. Your just down the road from me, wish i could get a job there :frowning:

Newcastle-Paul:
Good diary, the new ones look very clean. Your just down the road from me, wish i could get a job there :frowning:

wot did mrs say when you called?

It was the normal, “we are not looking for anyone at the moment”, but they did take my number etc.

Nice pics of a lovely motor. Should look realy nice in the bright red to! Hope your gonna polish it for Barny Castle show lol. :laughing: :sunglasses:

Might have been you I saw going North as I came down A1 tonight but didn’t realy take that much notice TBH! :astonished:

Dons not going to be happy when he gets back from his hols ,to find frank has got his new truck .

Good thinking parking in the pudle,good luck with your new truck BTY.