Google street view updated today

Google street view has now been updated to cover pretty much the whole of the UK, so next time you have a delivery and you want to check out what the access is like you can google it and have a look at a street view :grimacing:

Its great news - 85% update in UK roads & Motorway & MSA also there plenty cover of France, Spain, Northern Italy, Holland and Some parts of Czech Republic (Praha - Brno)
Already spots some betz trucks in google map :smiley:

I just had a look at my old house. Looking down the street it is the same as ever; looking up the street the house is a different colour and you can all of the extensive building work that has been done by the new owners!!

The new house we’ve just bought is just a scaffolding frame!! :laughing:

How old do we think the images are that Google uses?

Use Google earth/maps etc if I’ve not done a drop before, helped me out quite a few times.

mick_n3:
Use Google earth/maps etc if I’ve not done a drop before, helped me out quite a few times.

Have you used street view instead of satellite view? like this

wonder how many people have came on read the post then went on google and typed in their own address for a look lol

scotstrucker:
wonder how many people have came on read the post then went on google and typed in their own address for a look lol

+1 :blush:

scotstrucker:

Me too :slight_smile:

and me

got the shock of my life as I saw the missus on it in the road on her pushbike :smiley:

does anyone else get their milk delivered at 23.30 :blush: :blush:

It’s about time they updated it, just had a look at tomorrows job in Pontypridd :smiley:

Looked up my old house too, the picture they took must be about two years old because my old car is on the drive and i crashed it into a tree back in 2008 :blush:

jimti:

mick_n3:

Have you used street view instead of satellite view? like this

Yep helped me out on a number of occasions when doing store deliveries when you are given the address (front door :imp: ) not a good idea trying to get into a car park

lol i remember seeing the google car go past my house and was looking at it as it went up the street…
so there i am in anumber of shots looking out my garage on our st on the new google st view lol :smiley:

kenno78:

scotstrucker:

Me too :slight_smile:

Yes and my previous 10 addresses :stuck_out_tongue:

Saw this one in the village recently as it is a big cycling area.

Ive just gone on it AND IM IN THE PICTURE!!! :laughing: :laughing: standing next to my old wagon outside our factory with my dad’s drawbar parked behind it!! must have been taken before september as i got my new unit then :open_mouth:

I looked up my work and can see myself standing in yard arms same length doing nothing!!

just found me waving at the camera as it passed me in hinkley good job i had seat belt on :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m on it too Not saying where though :smiley: :smiley:

My car is parked outside my work and outside my house magic :laughing:

Just wasted 30 minutes of my life looking for my old unit looking round the estates, main routes , regular customers - bloody driving me crazy so it is.

But i did find fallmonk on it :grimacing:

Now you know im " Computor Thick " but can someone give me a link to how it you can find eg your own house?

Just spent ages looking for Google street view loads of info and newpaper text saying its all up and running but just cant find a link to have a nose at my gaff etc.

Any one??

i know i know!

Trickyd