Going it alone

Hi troops got a quistion for all the owner drivers out there. When you had the idea to go it alone how long did it take from the first steps to actully working that first job. :neutral_face:

Also 6x2 or 4x2 for work upto 44 ton. Including some low loader pulling.

brian kemp:
Hi troops got a quistion for all the owner drivers out there. When you had the idea to go it alone how long did it take from the first steps to actully working that first job. :neutral_face:

Also 6x2 or 4x2 for work upto 44 ton. Including some low loader pulling.

I researched/thought about it seriously for a year before committing and
by asking the axle configuration question you are showing me that you haveโ€™nt done enough research or gained enough experience,sorry :exclamation: :blush:

Hi mate your right went and seen one of brothers father in law he is TM for TDG in Falkirk. F***k me i was there with him for two hours and i dont think he even touched on some of the things that are manditory. Apart from Legislation just the genral every day cost in this current climate are unbelevable and thats a company with its own workshops. As you say its not as easy as just filling out the paper work. But should i come into say a hundred grand or so i might think of doing it. So that was a bit of a kick to the balls but like every thing times change so i will just need to wait and see how things pan out.
Cheers all. :frowning:

It took me about 9months from making serious enquiries to actually hitting the road. Look at ALL the angles before you start is my advice.

i spent best part of a year just thinking about it then one day i got off my backside and started making serious enquiries 6 months later i was on the road goin it alone. it has given me a few sleepless nights if i honest but i been on my own 2 years now and i avent got any regrets :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: